Interactive Reciprocity Maps Are Here!

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
The wait is over!

http://usacarry.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=36

Go ahead and take a look. I'm sure there will be some things that may need to be corrected. If anyone finds anything, please let me know so I can correct it.

I also have a list of version 2.0 features for this already. Here's what I've come up with so far. If you have any ideas, let me know.

Version 2.0 Features:
Save/Export to JPG andor PDF files
Small/Medium/Large Versions
Save Option
Personalized Map to your current permits
Total Allowed Counter

Link Removed

Kansas

I am a Missouri resident but I know a little about Kansas. Their Attorney General has interpreted their law that only resident permits will be honored.

I am a Missouri resident but I know a little about Kansas. Their Attorney General has interpreted their law that only resident permits will be honored.

You are correct. If you are a resident of KS you have to have a KS CCH permit. My FL non-res permit is not honored in KS, just as some other states don't honor my FL permit unless I am a resident of the state of FL which I am not.

Honestly updates it takes just a second. I have a backend that allows me to make the changes by just selecting the status for each state. Just a quick dropdown option change.

Update: I've got the maps on my server now. I couldn't help it and was running it off the development server but there's no difference. We did fix the WI & MI outlines though.

Also, on the multi-state map, the text says to click your state of residence first. That's not actually working yet but I'll post when it is.

More features to come!

Had to revert back to the old map while we fix something. This will be back up today.

We've modified the first tab map to show states that are set to Right Denied in black and are never clickable since they don't have permits. And now, once you click a state, you are able to click other states that a read. Before the red states were not clickable and made it a little difficult to navigate.

Tomorrow we'll be updating some changes to the multi-state map.

I see you made CT, AL, and IA may issue states. They are technically shall issue but I have read about some issues people have had with getting permits in those states. Is that why you included them in the may issues?

on the states that require residence can you find a way to indicate if they are also shall issue or may issue? Maybe only color half the state yellow and the other half the colors for shall/may?

These are Awesome! Great Job!!!

Nice Map

Your map is a great reference for those who travel. I just found your site and within two days I've used it to inform several people who were about to travel on CCW issues.

Rob

I see you made CT, AL, and IA may issue states. They are technically shall issue but I have read about some issues people have had with getting permits in those states. Is that why you included them in the may issues?

Do you know somewhere online that I can confirm that? From what I can find they are may issue. I definitely want to make sure everything is correct.

I know that Alabama is may issue. Have friends there and it's entirely up to the sheriff if you get a permit or not.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back