Interactive Permit Maps 2.0

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
I've just launched the new maps.

http://www.usacarry.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=36

New Features:
Export to JPG - wherever you are, you can export that map to a JPG that you can save. Please be patient as it take a few moments to create the image.

Permits Allow by State View - Brand new map. By selecting a state on this map, you will be shown which state permits are allowed in the state you have selected. I do need to update the legend on this map to be cleared.

It looks like there are some issues with Internet Explorer 7 and the popup blockers. I'm looking into a work around. It works perfectly in Firefox.

The maps work fine for my applications. I have permits in 5 states and everything looks good to my current understanding

I like the fact that you show Aus. and Nz. as well as our countries teritorries, NYC and DC which aren't states, but entinies of their own. With current pending court cases we may be looking at changes down the line here.

spc :)

Last edited:
I have noticed some problems with these maps. For example, the map shows that South Carolina honors North Dakota, but does not show North Dakota honoring South Carolina. I know for a fact that South Carolina does not practice unilateral recognition. South Carolina only honors resident permits from reciprocal states, meaning if South Carolina honors a particular permit, then its permit is also honored by the other state. I haven't looked for any other inconsistencies, but this definitely needs to be corrected.

I have noticed some problems with these maps. For example, the map shows that South Carolina honors North Dakota, but does not show North Dakota honoring South Carolina. I know for a fact that South Carolina does not practice unilateral recognition. South Carolina only honors resident permits from reciprocal states, meaning if South Carolina honors a particular permit, then its permit is also honored by the other state. I haven't looked for any other inconsistencies, but this definitely needs to be corrected.

Thanks for the heads up. This has been fixed. What other problems have you noticed? I'd like to get everything cleared up as soon as I'm aware of them.

I'm still not seeing North Dakota being shown as recognizing South Carolina's permit. Same with Wyoming; South Carolina is shown as recognizing the Wyoming permit, but Wyoming is not shown as honoring South Carolina's permit.

I'm still not seeing North Dakota being shown as recognizing South Carolina's permit. Same with Wyoming; South Carolina is shown as recognizing the Wyoming permit, but Wyoming is not shown as honoring South Carolina's permit.
According to the North Dakota Attorney General's site, they don't recognize South Carolina.
Link Removed

I've updated the Wyoming/South Carolina error. Thanks!

Luke
MN does honor the TN HCP. Other than that it looks great.
Link Removed

Tom in TN :)

Thanks Tom, this has been updated as well.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back