Instead a New Years ReVolution.

dogshawred

I caught the slip in the commercial and thought it was cute at the time and found this regarding that statement. Thought it could promote dialogue regarding what we should be thinking about regarding our resolve to be better citizens and more enlightened advocates for our rights.
~
Don't Resolve, Revolt! What Are Your New Year's REVOLUTIONS? - Bullets First | Bullets First
~

A couple of days ago I heard a child misspeak about New Year’s Resolutions by calling them New Year’s Revolutions.
~
After a quick chuckle I got to thinking. Resolutions are cliche and pointless. They breed crowds at fitness centers and health food stores for the month of January before they are abandoned completely come February.
~
New Year’s Resolutions are dependent on a people’s resolve and that is too often all but lacking when people are squared off against themselves.
~

But with New Year’s Revolutions you are actively and consciously saying that in the upcoming year, “NO, I will not stand for it”; the “it” being whatever you are revolting against. Want a real world example of how long calling something a “revolution” can go on for?
~
Read more at Don't Resolve, Revolt! What Are Your New Year's REVOLUTIONS? - Bullets First | Bullets First

I caught the slip in the commercial and thought it was cute at the time and found this regarding that statement. Thought it could promote dialogue regarding what we should be thinking about regarding our resolve to be better citizens and more enlightened advocates for our rights.
~
Don't Resolve, Revolt! What Are Your New Year's REVOLUTIONS? - Bullets First | Bullets First
~

A couple of days ago I heard a child misspeak about New Year’s Resolutions by calling them New Year’s Revolutions.
~
After a quick chuckle I got to thinking. Resolutions are cliche and pointless. They breed crowds at fitness centers and health food stores for the month of January before they are abandoned completely come February.
~
New Year’s Resolutions are dependent on a people’s resolve and that is too often all but lacking when people are squared off against themselves.
~

But with New Year’s Revolutions you are actively and consciously saying that in the upcoming year, “NO, I will not stand for it”; the “it” being whatever you are revolting against. Want a real world example of how long calling something a “revolution” can go on for?
~
Read more at Don't Resolve, Revolt! What Are Your New Year's REVOLUTIONS? - Bullets First | Bullets First

So you would not advocate to be resolute in forming a revolution? :)

If you look at the copied OP, first paragraph in blue you will find "resolve to be better citizens and more enlightened advocates for our rights". If as an enlightened advocate you decide that a revolution is the best interest then it is up to you as to what your intentions are and to what extent you will follow your them (your resolve to continue in the face of resistance).
~
As you will also note in the first paragraph (which are my points in the OP the rest being from the author from Bullets First | A modern twist of Molon Labe ) I thought this could promote dialogue. I don't consider a snippet aimed at me because of my posting something, quite comes to the level of dialogue regarding New Years Revolutions being made in place of New Years Resolutions. Hey, each to their own.
~
In 1986, I made the only New Years Resolution that I have kept in it's entirety. That year I resolved to never make another New Years ReSolution, nuff said.

If you look at the copied OP, first paragraph in blue you will find "resolve to be better citizens and more enlightened advocates for our rights". If as an enlightened advocate you decide that a revolution is the best interest then it is up to you as to what your intentions are and to what extent you will follow your them (your resolve to continue in the face of resistance).
~
As you will also note in the first paragraph (which are my points in the OP the rest being from the author from Bullets First | A modern twist of Molon Labe ) I thought this could promote dialogue. I don't consider a snippet aimed at me because of my posting something, quite comes to the level of dialogue regarding New Years Revolutions being made in place of New Years Resolutions. Hey, each to their own.
~
In 1986, I made the only New Years Resolution that I have kept in it's entirety. That year I resolved to never make another New Years ReSolution, nuff said.

I hope you just missed the play on words... Resolution's root word is resolute... meaning to remain steadfast. It was meant to be lighthearted. Hence the smiley afterward.

I hope you just missed the play on words... Resolution's root word is resolute... meaning to remain steadfast. It was meant to be lighthearted. Hence the smiley afterward.
Not usually accustom to taking questions as lighthearted. They usually have a more distinct purpose. So for that reason I am guilty of not seeing your humor. Sorry Wolf_fire

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back