Installing Trijicon Sights On My Glock G26

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
I just ordered some Trijicon sights for my G26 and wanted to know if this was something I could install myself or if I should take it to a gunsmith.

The problem you may have is staking the front sight on. It can be done but it's easier if you have the special tool to stake it in place. The rear sight is no problem. Use something that won't mark up the rear sight and tap it in the dovetail slot.

Depending on the type of front sight you have, there may be in issue. Some types use a hex nut, while others need to be crimped in place. The rear sight should be installed with the proper Glock sight tool. If you hit it too hard you could damage the saphire and it won't work properly. Best thing is to get it installed by a Glock armorer or other knowledgeable person.

If you can't find a Glock armorer in your area, I'll do it free of charge.

gf

Yea, I'm leaning more to bringing it in to a Glock Armorer. I'll look for one here local, thanks.

A Glock armor is best, Most of the LEO's around here carry Glock's, So if you know a LEO, you could possibly have him/her take it to there armor.. My son is a LEO so there armor is my go too guy lol...... Gooe luck luke, you will love the Trijicon sights..............

Well I got a price on installing the night sights from one store which was $35. Is that about right? I wish I could just do it myself...that's about half of what I paid for just the sights!

Well I got a price on installing the night sights from one store which was $35. Is that about right? I wish I could just do it myself...that's about half of what I paid for just the sights!

I'll do the installation for most folks for $20. If the customer is nasty, and seems to be very "demanding", then the price goes up from there. :wink: OTOH if the guy is a regular customer and does a lot of business at the range I work at, or for great folks like you, I'll install the sights at no charge.

I personally think that $35 is rather high, but I'm not familiar with the cost of doing business in your area. Maybe if you mention that you run this wonderful website and they may get a favorable recommendation, then maybe the folks at the local shop will make you a deal. :icon_cheesygrin:

gf

Well I just went with a local store that did it for $35. Going to pick it up today.

How about dropping $150 there this afternoon? I'd say that's a good start! But that was my gunsmith fee, range fee, 100 rounds of 9mm practice, 50 rounds of 9mm Ranger, and 80 rounds of 223. They have a really nice range and will probably make that my main indoor range I go to around here.

Where was this shop? Is it close enough to be Friends for you. Tell them you have a large group that could buy their products if interested. Not as a bribe but a good business deal. Lots of us in florida could benfit from group buys.I deal with a couple of smiths and they could all use more sales. Just a thought. Drop me a line if any intrest .

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back