Inherited Firearms

allan71

I inherited 2 handguns from my brother who passed away recently. Do I need to apply for a license if I will just keep it inside my house or in my vehicle?

Depends on where you are. In Arkansas it would be political suiside for an official to suggest we had to have a permit to own a gun.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using USA Carry mobile app

I inherited 2 handguns from my brother who passed away recently. Do I need to apply for a license if I will just keep it inside my house or in my vehicle?

A license or permit is generally used for being able to carry the firearm in public. If you keep them in the house, there is no need to do anything.

However, depending on the state you live in, you may need a permit/license to carry them in your vehicle. What state are you in?

Not in WI. But if you intend to keep it in your vehicle, you'll want to get a CCW permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

since you posted in the TX forum I will assume that you are in TX. you'll only need a permit if you plan to carry the weapons concealed in public, there is no gun registration requirements in TX

since you posted in the TX forum I will assume that you are in TX. you'll only need a permit if you plan to carry the weapons concealed in public, there is no gun registration requirements in TX

it's also worth mentioning that carrying concealed in public is your only option in Texas

Yes, I'm in Texas and these happen to be my first guns. I intend to just take it to and from the gun range.
Thanks for the info.

You can carry it loaded in your car without a license. It must be concealed. Motorists Protection Act 2007. A few restrictions apply. And as said above, Texas doesn't paly the registration game.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back