Inherited Firearms

Mosbyranger

Well, sadly enough, my father passed on 2-4-12. He was a retired United Airlines
Captain and, as well, a Commander in the Navy Reserve. It was a short battle with Lukemia and he faced his end with a great deal of calmness and dignity. Among the items that came to me were 2 firearms, a Savage 1907 .32 that was my grandfathers, in about 98% condition (plus the original booklet) and a stainless Ruger SP101 in .38 special wearing a 2 inch barrel and a Hogue grip, living in a Bianchi holster further accessorized with 2 speed loaders. The Savage has been cleaned and is retired, being 100 years old, the Ruger now resides bedside providing house security. I'll miss my dad terribly, but every time I take the Ruger to the range I'll be thinking of him and that's not a bad thing at all.
MR

Sorry for your loss but that savage may not have seen its last days yet. There is a guy that posts on THR that has a working fusil that was made in the mid 1400s. He doesn't shoot it often but he does shoot it.

Again, sorry for your loss. Am happy for you that you have something of your Dads. My stepmother(pos) sold everything she could and never gave us children a chance to buy them. Found out when a bud showed me his newest buy--was my Dad's 30 Carbine. Enjoy your shooters and never forget where they came from--and the good times you shared with him.

Sorry for the loss of your father. I lost my mother and know what you're going through. Enjoy and cherish those guns...your father sees the smiles they bring to your face.

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my dad last april. I also inherited a few guns when he passed. My kids and I love to shoot them and they always spark conversations of our good times with him

Sorry for your loss, i too recently lost my father, and was blessed to receive quite a few of his treasured guns which constantly remind me of him

Well, sadly enough, my father passed on 2-4-12. He was a retired United Airlines
Captain and, as well, a Commander in the Navy Reserve. It was a short battle with Lukemia and he faced his end with a great deal of calmness and dignity. Among the items that came to me were 2 firearms, a Savage 1907 .32 that was my grandfathers, in about 98% condition (plus the original booklet) and a stainless Ruger SP101 in .38 special wearing a 2 inch barrel and a Hogue grip, living in a Bianchi holster further accessorized with 2 speed loaders. The Savage has been cleaned and is retired, being 100 years old, the Ruger now resides bedside providing house security. I'll miss my dad terribly, but every time I take the Ruger to the range I'll be thinking of him and that's not a bad thing at all.
MR

Understand the feeling. My father passed 4 yrs ago and left me a few weapons....One was a S&W 44mag with a 6" barrel. He bought it in 1975. Still had the receipt in the wood case. He paid 175.00 for it...
Never has been carried and does not look like it was ever fired...

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back