Informing an LEO

blume357@

What are the rules in PA for informing a Law Enforcement Officer that your are carrying.

Informing LE

To the best of my knowledge, only 7-states, Alaska, Arkansas, Michigan, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma and Texas require notification and it's IMMEDIATELY. Don't know about Wisconsin since the politicians only recently saw the light....If any USAC members know about Wisconsin, please post it. I have'nt had the time to research it...Link Removed

Ohio

Add Ohio to your list of states where notification is mandatory, and it also must be immeadiate. You must notify as the LEO is approaching your vehicle

IANC (I Am Not a Cop) but this question has been raised before, and folks who are cops in Pennsylvania say that this info does automatically "come up". One or two systems *might* have some way to flag the operators attention that there may be more information if they do a little digging, but the majority say that an entirely separate inquiry must be performed to determine that.

NO you do NOT have to automatically notify the officer that you are carrying.

As far as "coming up" when doing a driver's license check, the last I heard the answer is yes.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back