Informe the office or not?

Does anyone know in PRMA is you must inform an office that you are carrying or can you keep your mouth shut about it? Anyone know? Just curious.

Well, I'm sure not going to ask in THAT MA. forum again. Shit, they'll rip me apart!

are you talking about northeast shooters? or something like that? I only ask because I never felt comfortable there where I could ask a question. They rip you apart there and I reallllyyyy don't like it. I use them to just look things up more or less

ohhhh haha yeah I don't think I would ever go to a forum like that. Thanks for the info!

Hey guys interesting subject. If the law says you do not need to inform the officer, would you? I work with a lady who has many Boston PD friends and just for giggles I asked her to ask them if they would want to know... she said they would. What do you think?

By the way still waiting for the N.H. Non-resident, they must be bombed up there.

When did you send it in? They just raised the cost to 100 dollars for four years for a new one and for renewal costs. As for Mass and telling a cop. Good luck on that one. It's a catch 22. If you don't tell them and they find out They become Dick heads and try and bully you around. If you do tell them they look/treat you like your a gang banger/cop killer. Both ways end with them being dicks to you and holding you and your weapon to run checks on it and you.

When did you send it in? They just raised the cost to 100 dollars for four years for a new one and for renewal costs. As for Mass and telling a cop. Good luck on that one. It's a catch 22. If you don't tell them and they find out They become Dick heads and try and bully you around. If you do tell them they look/treat you like your a gang banger/cop killer. Both ways end with them being dicks to you and holding you and your weapon to run checks on it and you.

I sent it in post marked about a month and a half I believe. Ya I'll never ask that question again, if I feel if they ask I'll tell them, I don't get a funny feeling in my stomach when a police officer has to pull me over. It happened to me twice in one month, prior to the LTC. They put there friggin pants on one leg at a time just like me, show respect get respect, that's not so hard for grown men.

Where does it show this? I went to handgunlaw.us and which did bring up MA. but I do not see where it shows this......help.....
Handgunlaw.us says that you do NOT need to inform the officer in MA.

And the forum Sambo was talking about is a Mass. LEO forum. Mostly a bunch of pricks it seems.

If you click Handgunlaw.us-MA it should go to a PDF with a U.S. Map showing all the states that will honor the MA license (I usually increase the size to at least 75%). Just above Maine it says "Must Info Officer: NO".

Furthermore, as far as I have found, it doesn't say anywhere in the Link Removedthat you must inform.

Found it, right in front of my face! How the hell did I miss that one??!!! Copy of this will now be put in my glove box and bike. thnx!

Of course it goes without saying (I hope) that "Because Tim from the forum said I don't have to" isn't going to hold water with anyone. I'd suggest you read the entire MA gun laws (linked above) to your own satisfaction. If you really want to be certain, you should consult with an attorney.

Yes, I know that. I myself was looking for something in writing/on paper.
Handgunlaw also has written, "you are responsible for validating your own information", AND "last updated August 3, 2009".
Class taught us that even though there "is no law" (in MA, NH) stating You have to inform the officer or not, you should use your own discretion. I choose to use my own discretion depending on the circumstances at that time. I agree that you May get an officer telling You that there is a law, but if I have something stating this and hopefully updated I can have it as a back up. As mentioned earlier on here, we can go on this subject all day long which is why some links were inserted.
Like I said, I'll use my own judgement to inform or not. As far as I'm concerned...there is no law. If it back fires on me, well.........you'll be reading about me in the paper someday! :yu:
thnx again for the info.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back