Info on a llama minimax .45 caliber

Llamaminimax

Hello I have a llama minimax traded a rossi snub nose for it to my grandpa. And I was worried about it but then took it out and shot a few dozen rounds and it put my worries to rest. But I want to hear what some of you think. I want to know what parts I can change on it I have been wanting to change my beavertail and cant really find anything. I know llama isnt around anymore and that some love to say its not a true 1911 cause how hard it is to find parts that can be put on them.

My experience with Llama firearms has been, shall we say less than stellar. Of the four that I’ve owned (none was a Mini max although one is a micro max) I have experienced major mechanical defects in two of them, including one catastrophic failure in which the gun literally fell apart while I was firing it. The two that didn’t give me fits (or blow up in my hand) were, in my opinion, of poor quality and cheaply made. I found parts and extra magazines difficult to come by and very costly. I wouldn’t purchase a Llama at any price. And I wouldn't trust my life to one unless I had absolutely no other option (think pointy stick) as always YMMV

I have a llama III mini 1911 in .380 I love it.
the thing with llamas are that they are a hit or miss. You will either love it or hate it.
I have found that the ones made in Spain before the move to south America are better.
As for parts gun parts corp have TONS of parts for them. I just bought a new mag catch for mine.
with the minimax some.commander 1911 parts fit others don't. I would check your parts to the ones you want to change to just make sure they look close.

Btw. I have out about 500 rounds through mine and it is dead accurate up to about 10 yards.

Yeah ive heard about them being a hit or a miss. So far mine seems to be good only one F.T.E and thats when I let my friend shoot a half mag through it. I believe he wasnt holding it as he should have which caused the jam. Cause after I shot two mags through it perfect.

I can't speak for the Mini-Max, but I bought my first handgun at 21 and it was a Llama IX-A. Beauty of a weapon and I had it for 21 years - just sold it last Fall.

In 21 years and lots (LOTS) of firing, I never had a single problem. Take good care of it (cleaning, etc.) and you should have a keeper.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back