Indiana carry permit

Unclebuck4

I heard from my nephew (who has graduated from basic training law enforcement and is applying for a position in Darke Co OH) that Indiana's carry permit is suppose to be good for Ohio sometime this month (March). However, he is impossible to get ahold of with his busy schedule that I can't get anymore info. Has anyone heard anything more about this? The reciprocity map for Indiana hasn't been updated since January 20th. Guess I could call Preble Co sheriff's office to confirm, but I really don't like talking to a LEO anymore than I need to.

Simple answer. Wait until the reciprocity agreement has been published by the State of Ohio: Link Removed.

Even though a reciprocity agreement has nothing to do with it? It is Ohio state law that is changing this month.

Link Removed

Even though a reciprocity agreement has nothing to do with it? It is Ohio state law that is changing this month.

Link Removed

Interesting. I haven't seen this before. http://www.lsc.ohio.gov/analyses130/h0234-rs-130.pdf:

Provides that if a person who is not an Ohio resident and has a valid concealed handgun license from another state, regardless of whether the other state has entered into a reciprocity agreement with the Attorney General, and the person is temporarily in Ohio, that out-of-state license will be recognized in Ohio during the time that the person is temporarily in Ohio (R.C. 109.69(B)(3)).

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back