In your opinion, which state(s) is/are the most gun friendly?

My list puts Vermont at the top. They are the only state that has it right. They realize their governmental interfering is just that. For anyone that wishes to carry in any manner (concealed or open) they may do so as long as they legally can own a gun. No other state can make that claim.

Here's the real deal. Any state that offers any type of permit or license is an infringement. We already have a background check before we buy a firearm. Therefore, we couldn't be legally carrying if we couldn't legally own one. Therefore, why are there any permit or license situations in any of the other 49 states?

So here is my list:
1) Vermont
everyone else sucks for violating my 2nd amendment rights.

sorry if that ticks anyone off, but that's how I feel on the issue. I should be able to travel the country or be able to move because of my job and not have to play this legal bull$hit game of is it OK here? is it OK there? Can it be open carry? Do i have to do something special if I want to conceal carry? It's all crap. If you can own it, you should be able to carry it. Period!

Has any State changed their laws since 2007 when you began this thread? That would be interesting too follow.

SD did away with the three day waiting period to take delivery of a handgun. Looks promising for the duration of a permit to be increased from 4 to 5 years (big yawn). Can't think of any other changes to an already good set of laws (assuming that firearm laws aren't going away.)

Who doesn't love a good necrothread?

Well, I know that New Hampshire nonresident permits are no longer $20 (they're $100 now). Arizona no longer requires a permit for concealed carry. And I believe Virginia got rid of its on handgun per month law.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

this is true of virginia.one gun a month limit was repealed in feb of 2012.

SD did away with the three day waiting period to take delivery of a handgun. Looks promising for the duration of a permit to be increased from 4 to 5 years (big yawn). Can't think of any other changes to an already good set of laws (assuming that firearm laws aren't going away.)

Who doesn't love a good necrothread?

SD does have a very friendly gun law, but what's with the gun-free zones for "any licensed on-sale malt beverage or alcoholic beverage establishment that derives over one-half of its total income from the sale of malt or alcoholic beverages..."?

We don't have that restriction in NY.

Tennessee:

We support the right to bear arms and we are friendly. Citizens can carry concealed or open with Hand Gun Permit.

SD does have a very friendly gun law, but what's with the gun-free zones for "any licensed on-sale malt beverage or alcoholic beverage establishment that derives over one-half of its total income from the sale of malt or alcoholic beverages..."?

We don't have that restriction in NY.
I didn't say it was perfect.

What's really interesting about the law you just quoted, it only applies to carrying concealed. There is no restriction on carrying openly into a bar. Well, no state restriction. Despite the state preemption, several cities/towns have ordinances prohibiting any firearms in bars.

I live in a small town in Florida. The LEO's here are very respectful of our rights. At my ripe old age of almost 52 I don't have the fight left in me not to go through the permitting process (As I Did). In fact, it had been so many years since my time as an MP, and since I didn't want to permit through my DD214, I went to the class. I was pleased to learn for my $$ nothing had changed.
I'm content with Florida's current laws, But, agree that the 2nd amendment gives me the right to not only keep, but to bear arms in a way of my choosing, without the need for a permit.
I think when it comes to any and all gun laws it should be up to the states and not the federal government to decide how things are handled. I can move from state to state but the Fed's are everywhere.

Arkansas is getting better. Designated church carry, faculty university/college carry. Arkansas State Police CHCL information now sealed from FOIA. Big stink over this one as an Arkansas Business editor "outted" the information before records were sealed, (I believe it was spiteful) and offered to give anyone a copy afterwards. Link to her apology below:

My Learning Curve (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) | Arkansas Business News | ArkansasBusiness.com

Open carry struck-down recently, but they keep pluggin' away.

Give us time. We will see the light eventually.

I'm happy with Arizona:
No permit required for concealed carry but you can still get a permit which makes it easy to buy firearms without a waiting period
No permit required for open carry
Can carry in bars and restaurants that serve alcohol as long as you don't drink and it isn't posted no firearms.
No local ordince can over turn state laws.
Five year CCW renewals at $65 after first permit at $85/5yrs
No magazine capacity restrictions for hunting
Silencers allowed while hunting (must have federal license)
No magazine capacity restrictions
Castle Docturn and cannot be sued by badguy if found acting in self defence
Just a few

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back