In the market for gun/holster. HELP

I gotta go with Old Faithful because you can do more adjusting so that as it gets older you can readjust it more.

:dirol:

cpt_NEMO,

To determine a carry weapon and concealment system; you should consider your attire, your situation and your desired carry style. Are you required to wear dress slacks and a dress shirt to work or can you wear jeans and a pull-over. Do you spend most of your time at a desk in a high rise office building or are you moving around in different parts of the city throughout the day. Will you need to carry your weapon on your person at all times, or do you need to lock it away in your desk or car at work. Every person has a difference dress code, a different situation and a different carry style.

If you must have your carry weapon on you at all times and you are required to dress in business clothes and the tell tale signs of clips or loops are too much of a give away; check out Link Removed. I've been carrying a Kahr PM9 in a Cattasi Holsters Zura Handgun Concealment System fore over 6 months and it's the only solution I've found that allows me comfortable concealment in dress cloths while conducting business at the office or on the go.

Good luck with your decision.

Check out Veteran Holster on Facebook. This guy makes IWB hybrid (leather/kydex) holsters. He can also cut belt holes so you can wear it as an OWB.

Guys, thank you very much for all your responses. UPDATE: just purchased my G26 tonight, picking up on Thursday. My G21SF will no longer be bored, all by its lonesome! :happy:

My decision on which holster to use did not come easy, however, as everyone's suggestions were fantastic. But after my countless research, the Old Faithful Holster website and reviews won me over. I am in process of ordering my stage 3 holster and will post pics and product reviews for both the gun and holster ASAP.

Mission accomplished, you decided on a gun and holster, both good decisions. NOW, how about a gunbelt?
If you don't think you need a good gunbelt you are wrong. I used to think that way till I finally got one.
Now that I have a good gun belt I would never go back to a regular belt. Do yourself a favor and get a good
gunbelt.

Here are some places to get gunbelts: Link Removed
Gun Belts and shooting belts
Gun Belts by The Belt Man
Quality USA Handcrafted Belts - Bullhide Belts, Dress Leather Belts, Gun Holsters, Double Prong Belts, Money Belts

Do it right! :dance3:

Please, please, please.....
DO NOT GO WITH RAFTER GUNLEATHER!
So many bad reviews in the past two years.
I ordered and was promised a 4 week turn around for a belt and then heard NOTHING for 7 months.
Belt showed up and was horrible.
Didn't fit well, because it wasn't cut well, globs of dye and polish coming off on my hands upon opening the package.
Called their number and get no answer and voicemail is always full.
I finally sent belt back and filed a greivence with credit card folks.

I recently started using a N82 Tactical professional holster. Kahr CM9 is my EDC. Without a doubt the most comfortable IWB holster I've ever used.

Guys, thank you very much for all your responses. UPDATE: just purchased my G26 tonight, picking up on Thursday. My G21SF will no longer be bored, all by its lonesome! :happy:

My decision on which holster to use did not come easy, however, as everyone's suggestions were fantastic. But after my countless research, the Old Faithful Holster website and reviews won me over. I am in process of ordering my stage 3 holster and will post pics and product reviews for both the gun and holster ASAP.

Congrats! My crossbeed arrived this past monday and I am impressed. As cluznar suggested, a good gunbelt does make a difference. I just wanted to add a link to his, Link Removed , this is one of the cheapest in price and high in quality. You can dye it any color you want and it's from the same manufacturer as your holster.

Why not go with a Glock 19? Slightly longer sight radius, 5 more rounds in the mag, a grip long enough for all four fingers, yet still small enough to conceal. I carry mine in a Crossbreed Supertuck, it's comfortable and easily concealed under just an untucked t-shirt.

Exactly my set up. I had a Springfield Armory 1911 gathering dust and I love the Glock.

First CC piece and holster....

Hi all. Just got my CCW and now in the market for a gun/holster combo. I'm smitten with a Glock 26 and a Galco KingTuck IWB as my rig, but not close to being decided. Thoughts on these? Pros? Cons? I currently own a G21, RRA AR and a Rem 870 Police so not new to shooting. Lay it on me!!

Thanks in advanced!!!

So, admittedly, I only know what I know based on my experience, but I did a LOT of trials/research before buying both my first carry piece and my holster. Now, I'm only about 5'9", 175 LB with a slender frame, so I was thinking about what and where I would carry in all that research time...

I settled on an SR-9C, considered the M&P 9C as a runner up, and do not regret it at all. I love the capacity I get with the size of the SR9C.... and if you'd asked me about it before I got used to carrying it, I'd have said I would not carry that "thick" (double stack, 10 rd and 17 rd mags come with SR-9C) in the summer; I would have said no way. I carry it well, and maneuver easily while keeping the gun SECURE, in my first months of CC.

My CC position:
Having selected my CC pistol, I then thought I'd carry IWB at 5 o'clock, at my back, with a reverse draw (meaning palm out), otherwise at 4 o'clock not palm out. Turns out I like 1 o'clock better!!! At 1 o'clock I have a faster draw, better concealment (for my body's frame) and certainly MUCH more secure from someone noticing my CC piece and potentially taking it from my backside. You'll hear people say palm out draw at the back means you point the gun at yourself... that's no more true for a palm in, so don't pay attention to those arguements; they don't serve any point in an accurate decision making process... I've test both palm in/out in the 4 to 6 o'clock range more times than most can count... in fact, the stretch to the wrist, plam in, is increasingly awkward the further one gets past 4 o'clock, and tends to starting pushing against that stretch and pointing muzzle at one's hip/gut.

My holster decision:
So, I can tell there are a lot of quality holsters out there (and cheap ones - this is one of those "you get what you pay for" items), but I didn't see the purpose of smoothed leather all around when going IWB, and I like rough leather out when I am IWB. So, given the synthentic support at the mouth for ease of re-holstering (not steel that rusts with sweat), so far I am in love with my Florida made High Noon Holsters holster. I got the Alter Ego (same as their Closing Arguement model but tuckable). I love it, and carry it at 1 o'clock as I said. At 1, with a belt not too tight to max width of the J-clip, it self-angles when I sit or squat, and drops straight when I stand. I can tuck it, but i have not to-date. If I tuck, it would tend to still show up on the shape of my belt-line given my slender frame, and the reverse J click (which is simply tight, even without a belt, though not advised) is a visual giveaway without a black-colored belt to match the J clip and I'd need an excuse as to what it is if someone asks (one could put a cell phone holder near it to hide it).

Best of luck! Be sure! ...Lots of money is wasted is on holsters because they are difficult to match to a person, not just to a gun. Keep in mind, others' experience is their's, not necessarily what you'll experience.

ruly conceals? One that is comfortable? How about one that you can also wear OWB with a belt and Still conceal it while wearing a t-shirt?

Come to Veteran Holster on Facebook. I'm a dis-ABLED veteran who hand makes custom hybred IWB/OWB holsters. And the best part? They start at only $36.00 Please visit me on FaceBook at Veteran Holster or at www.veteranholster.com

James Singer
Veteran Holster

I have personally bought a custom made IWB Kydex and leather holster from James over at veteran Holster.. he is very easy to work with, his prices are great and the quality even better.. I wear my IWB at 8 o'clock being as i am a lefty , with a 15 degree forward cant.... if i need another holster i know who I am going to call! He also has multiple colors and patterns of kydex and leather!
Link Removed
this is my Holster:Link Removed

Tried the Remora #7 IWB holster and love it. Never slips, and yet doesn't attach to anything except your clothes.
Then I saw Michael Mah's post on you tube about making your own holster. Tried it, and now love it. I have one that I built that fits OWB middle of the back, and I have another that fits OWB at 3 o'clock. Both conceal perfectly with an un-tucked shirt. Just choose 7 or 8 ounce leather, and follow his instructions. Works like a charm, and easy to build.
Cheers!
Uncle Al

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back