In the market for gun/holster. HELP

cpt_NEMO

Hi all. Just got my CCW and now in the market for a gun/holster combo. I'm smitten with a Glock 26 and a Galco KingTuck IWB as my rig, but not close to being decided. Thoughts on these? Pros? Cons? I currently own a G21, RRA AR and a Rem 870 Police so not new to shooting. Lay it on me!!

Thanks in advanced!!!

Look up Winthrop holsters he's local to me and got a owb leather holster for my Taurus 85 and it fits and still does like a champ .

I've heard nothing but good about the Glock 26. I plan on making it my next purchase.
Never tried the Galco but I use a Crossbreed Supertuck and I love it.

old faithful holsters

old faithful holsters is a great provider. for a little bit of assembly required you can get a holster for $40 or less.it's inside the waist band so it conceals very well even a full size service pistol. they provide a mold for a lot of guns and even if they don't provide it you can mold one yourself with your own gun and a couple of other tools. the holster is comfortable and customizable. you can adjust the tension, ride height and cant after selecting the product you want so you can wear it where you want.

I tried the galco for a while (2 mos) but I found the kydex body to be a bit tight...started wearing down the tip of my truglo front sight...I went to crossbreedseconds.com and found a nice holster for less than what I paid for the galco. Ever consider getting the G27? It can easily convert to a G26 with a barrel (in my case, lone wolf) and a G26 magazine...just a thought, makes things cheaper when you take her to the range :)

I have to agree with the above post. I've been carrying a g27 in a kingtuk for a while now and the retention/leather is still super stiff.

As we speak I have a supertuck coming from crossbreedseconds.com

I find the leather on my sr9 supertuck to be soft on the skin and flexible.

I carry a G26 (Gen 3) IWB every day. A horsehide White Hat holster serves me very well. However, in the Vegas an IWB holster can get sweaty on occasion. On the day I let the WH dry out, I carry the G26 in a Desantis "Cozy Partner".

Hi all. Just got my CCW and now in the market for a gun/holster combo. I'm smitten with a Glock 26 and a Galco KingTuck IWB as my rig, but not close to being decided. Thoughts on these? Pros? Cons? I currently own a G21, RRA AR and a Rem 870 Police so not new to shooting. Lay it on me!!

Thanks in advanced!!!

I carry the Glock 27 (same platform as Glock 26) with the Galco KingTuck holster.
Very good quality IWB holster i.m.h.o.
Also very comfortable and secure.

Why not go with a Glock 19? Slightly longer sight radius, 5 more rounds in the mag, a grip long enough for all four fingers, yet still small enough to conceal. I carry mine in a Crossbreed Supertuck, it's comfortable and easily concealed under just an untucked t-shirt.

I've have carried many different ways. If your not way over weight the best way to carry a gun is appendix carry. I have carried that way for years. It is without a doubt the best carry to protect your gun and without the fastest way to draw your gun The only holster I use I get here it is by far the best for appendix carry Dale Fricke Holsters

I recently purchased a Kholster IWB and can say without a doubt, it's a great holster. Jimmy does some
great stuff and can modify to suit your needs. I carry a XD Subcompact 40 with the grip extensions and it is very comfortable, reasonably priced and does a good job of concealment under the California uniform...shorts, tee short and flip flops.

You need to know that the King Tuck, not unlike many other holsters of its type, will loosen with time. That is that the leather relaxes the firearm will rock back and forth. Plus, the grip on the firearm will loosen.

You may want to look into a model that is adjustable and able to take up this looseness. Look into Old Faithful Holsters which comes as a complete holster or as a kit. Another is Cleveland's Holsters.

I carry a 1911 and had a King Tuck. After the holster relaxed ,the pistol began to rock back and forth, With the rocking motion, the edge of the holster would switch the safety "off". Also, the straight across top of the Kidex pocket allows the top of the pants to fold into the holster which makes re-holstering difficult with one hand. Cleveland's Holsters takes care of both problems.

I have a Glock 26 and waiting on my Crossbreed Supertuck for 3 weeks now. It takes +/- 6 weeks to ship. I knew this when I ordered it, but I do get anxious!!! (serenity now, serenity now (seinfeld episode)) lol Oh and you can get an xgrip x-tension that also gives you 2, 5 and 7 rounds more depending on which one you prefer.

I either carry my G19 or my PPS in a Minotaur MTAC Holster, they also make the for the G26 right or lefty,... I'm a lefty. Anyway it part leather and part kydex, which is changeable for other gun types and keeping the same platform. I probably didn't explain that very well, check them out, quite comfy, well made product.

Many good holsters, do you need something tuckable, or do you want forward cant, do you want it to sit high?

OldFaithfulHolsters.com
StonerHolsters.com
TheHolsterStore.com
NM Holsters - *Products

Check them out :victory:

Thanks cluznar! I'll definitely check them out. As far as the options, yes, tuckable would be a plus. Im pretty used to my glock combat hoster so the same draw angle would work just fine. Not sure how I'm going to deal with an IWB and riding in a car. Seems awfully uncomfortable. Hopefully the g26 is small enough to be insignificant.

yep. I believe there are different types of leather u can choose from. Many recommended the horse hide for comfort and longevity.

Horse hide is desirable because it is dense and resists sweating through better.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

I found the g19 to be a little too large for my purpose. I opted to sacrifice capacity (not too much of a sacrifice since I still have 10+1) for concealability especially during the hot summer days here in WI. I figured on days that require jackets or sweaters, I'll just grab my g21sf and never ever feel under-gunned. I will, however, give the crossbreed a look. Thanks!!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back