In the interests of keeping us out of trouble while traveling...

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
What kind of weird ammo/magazine laws can we think of?

NJ...thou shalt not own hollowpoints comes to mind

California...10 rds is enough for anyone is the mindset

what others?

City of Las Vegas allows loaded firearms in the car, but the City of North Las Vegas doesn't unless you have a permit. Same with Boulder City. :wacko:

No magazines with a capacity over 10 rds. in CA, HI, NY, or MA.
No magazines with a capacity over 12 rds. in Chicago Illinois.
No magazines with a capacity over 15 rds. in NJ.
No magazines with a capacity over 20 rds. in MD.

PRHI, 10 round limit for magazines that can fit in a pistol. Thanks to the production of the Ruger Challenger pistol, magazines for the Ruger 10-22 Rifle that hold more than 10 rounds are illegal under the letter of the law.

Loaded magazines and/or ammo must not be in the same case of the firearm (as in touching the firearm). If you have a range bag with seperate pouches, you can have the firearm in one pouch, and the ammo and/or loaded magazines in another pouch.

PRCA, all gun cases must be locked, including soft cases a.k.a. "gun rugs", when transporting firearms.

gf

Last edited:
City of Las Vegas allows loaded firearms in the car, but the City of North Las Vegas doesn't unless you have a permit. Same with Boulder City. :wacko:

Didn't the state of Nevada pass a preemption law that did away with those laws as well as Las Vegas's registration ordinance?

As for strange laws, in PRDC, pepper spray has to be registered. Also, machine gun possession is illegal; D.C. city code defines a machine gun as any firearm capable of firing more than 12 rounds without reloading, meaning the Glock 22 I used to own would be illegal there on the grounds that it is a machine gun. Also, any shotgun, whether or not is has actually been sawn off, is considered sawn off, and therefore illegal to own, if the barrel is less than 20 inches in length.

Didn't the state of Nevada pass a preemption law that did away with those laws as well as Las Vegas's registration ordinance?

They did pass a law stating that no city can pass more restrictive laws then the state of NV, but Northtown Vegas already had the law in effect and it was grandfathered in, along with Boulder City.

I still have to get my stupid blue cards on any handguns I buy, regardless if I buy them in Nye County (blue cards not required anywhere but Clark Co.) I still have to register all handguns with Metro PD. Private party sales are the same. Even though I'm not a resident of Nevada since I live in Vegas I still have to have the cards since I've been here past the min time (30 days IIRC)

Even better is any handguns I want to carry concealed I have to qualify with (except for revolvers, qual with one and you're good with all) and go thru the process of waiting in line at the criminal infested fingerprint bureau, unarmed at that.

Nothing would make me happier right now then if they allowed me to carry whatever I wanted and to shred those blue cards, I get tired of having to keep track of them :angry:

One law that annoys the crap out of me is the Airport law. If I'm dropping someone off I am not supposed to go into the airport, but just dropping them off outside I'm fine.

Oh, and it varies by airport/state.

This does not fall under ammo, magazine but here in Texas I can carry more than one gun as long as they are concealed. Some states limit it to one. I think New Mexico is one such state.

No magazines with a capacity over 10 rds. in CA, HI, NY, or MA.
No magazines with a capacity over 12 rds. in Chicago Illinois.
No magazines with a capacity over 15 rds. in NJ.
No magazines with a capacity over 20 rds. in MD.

In Mass as long as the Mag is PRE-BAN you are all set.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back