In need of some concealed carry advice!

johnndrag

So to paint a picture I was out for a run around my neighborhood the other night and had some guy 'stalking me' in his truck for the last mile or so of my run. He kept yelling at me and motioning for me to enter into an altercation with him. I did my best to avoid making contact with him and took a few quick turns and lost him. I then started looking into personal defense measeures that would suit me for when I'm on a run, I hadn't thought of running with my pistol, as it's bulk would be counter-productive moving around while running. I called the local police station and inquired about running with an ASP retractable baton, only to find out that they are illegal for carry, regardless of CCP status. I was told my best bet was to get a can of pepper spray... Then in a seperate conversation with a local sherrif he brought up the idea of running with my pistol. When put in a position to run with pepper spray or my pistol, I would have to go with my pistol, but now I need a method of carrying it so that it fits snuggly to my body without freedom of movement. I looked into a CC vest but found that most were leather and geared towards the biker type carrier. I need a tight fitting vest that is light-weight and breathable. If anyone has any ideas or knows of products that might fit my needs PLEASE let me know.
Thanks!

I am not a fan at all of fannypack holsters but I haven't found anything that works better while running. DeSantis Gunny Sack.

My friend uses like a belly band but it rides higher like his mid section and doesn't fall down I have to find the name.

If you get a cloth belly-band or inside shirt holster, get a trigger kydex guard cover if you plan on chambering a round of ammunition while carrying. Having just cloth being the only protection against your skin and any other outside-the-body objects is no protection in my eyes. Also, get or make a velcro strap to cover the top of the gun so it doesn't fall out while running.

I use a fanny pack while doing outside cardio. My LCP in its DeSantis Gunhide fits perfectly inside the pack and stays upright (I have my wallet next to it and that prevents the gun from tilting). The LCP is light enough that I don't even notice it.

I carry Sig P238 and am considering a bulldog cell/pda type holster to go on my hydration belt. Link Removed

Fanny pack all the time, including hikes, running, camping, etc with my .357 ... Just pull the strap tight on the waist to prevent slapping up and down... also provides the space for a 20oz JetFuel water bottle for rehydrating.

MaGill's makes a shirt with built-in holsters under each arm. It's like a t=shirt, so you might want to check them out. It's called the Undertech Undercover shirt. Go to Magill"s.com.

MaGill's makes a shirt with built-in holsters under each arm. It's like a t=shirt, so you might want to check them out. It's called the Undertech Undercover shirt. Go to Magill"s.com.

I own one of these and the high-ride "belly band.". This shirt fits like a second skin and holds the gun right next to your body, but if you're sweating, you're going to soak your gun!

The belly band I have comes from Stoner Holsters and is made from medical grade materials so it's made to ride against the body all day. An optional horsehide shield keeps the sweat off of the weapon and there is also room for a spare magazine. In the video on the website and at gun shows, the owner effectively produces a Desert Eagle from concealment under a T-shirt, so it does hold your weapon tight. There is accommodation for both small and large weapons, so everything from that monster down to a Lorcin .25 can be accommodated by the same band.

FWIW, in my carry class, a police officer trainer told us he never saw a person with a butt pack that he didn't assume was carrying a gun. He said those "concealed" packs became so synonymous with carrying he just assumes they all have a weapon in them. That got me wondering, if a street cop thinks that, do the criminals also? Is the word out on this concealment? Just something to think about as you choose. It may be your only option, but you don't want to lose your favorite EDC piece to a punk with a razor on a bike or skates who slits 1" of nylon and takes off with the whole thing. This is a modified purse-snatch technique and the reason women should not purse carry. Some carry purses come with a cable-reinforced strap to prevent this, but I have not seen this on the packs yet.

Just some food for thought as you make your choice. :)

I carry my Hi-Point C9 in a belly band made by Blue Stone (www. bluestonesafety.com). I've tried shoulder holsters and belt holsters, but really like the belly band I have now. Comes in various sizes, so you can get one that fits. It also has pockets for six spare magazines, in case you have to fight a war. Usually, you should be able to get by with just the one in the weapon, but who knows what will happen next?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back