In "defence" of the "Bad Guys".

Grognard Gunny

I can never quite twist my head or thinking around quite enough to generate "sympathetic feelings" for BGs "dispatched" by Citizens defending themselves.

Case in point: While "poking around" the internet for "State News", I came across a story wherein four malcreants attempted a "home invasion" and retreated faster than they tried entry when the home owner dispatched one of them with gunfire. Two more were apprehended by the local Police and the fourth is still at large. (Last I heard.)

The internet site where I got this from had a means by which one could make comments, forum style, if you were a member. The commentary went, for the most part: 1) Hooray for the homeowner! 2) One less dirtbag on the street! 3) Don't do the crime if you are not willing to accept the potential consequences. Pretty much in that vein.

But (There's ALWAYS one!) one just HAD to post that the rest of the posters were a bunch of unfeeling cads and admonished us to remember that the deceased was someone's son (?????? I thought ALL males were! I may have missed something in Biology class.) and that the "poor thing" was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. (Well.... at least THAT much was certain!)

Even better was the notation that this punk was on weekend leave from "reformatory". Nothing else to do on a Holiday Weekend, eh? Oh, he was just 17. (A 17 year old potential killer is STILL a potential killer! IMHO!)

I wonder how much sympathy or tears would have been shed by this maladroit thinker if the foursome HAD succeeded in their evening's entertainment and had killed the homeowner and family? Or do we simply have one of those persons here that just HAS to have something or someone to "feel sorry for" regardless of surrounding circumstances?

Either way, I simply cannot find a rationale for THAT sort of thinking, or the violations of logic trying to think that way perpetrates.

Ya just gotta wonder sometimes!!!!!!! :fie:

GG

Unfortunately, our society is becoming so "tolerant" that some people feel obliged to tolerate all forms of behavior. We need to teach our kids how to take responsibility fot their own behavior so they don't grow up to be so tolerant as this guy.

Well I feel bad. Its a shame I can't find out who the homeowner was so I could replace the bullets he used to defend himself. I wonder if the other 3 will attempt a robbery again. This dead dirtbag might be dead proof that crime will kill you.

My favorite articles in the NRA magazine is " Armed American citizen" and has several of these goodguy wins stories! I love them and havent shed one tear for the BG yet! :)

I can never quite twist my head or thinking around quite enough to generate "sympathetic feelings" for BGs "dispatched" by Citizens defending themselves.

But (There's ALWAYS one!) one just HAD to post that the rest of the posters were a bunch of unfeeling cads and admonished us to remember that the deceased was someone's son (?????? I thought ALL males were! I may have missed something in Biology class.) and that the "poor thing" was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. (Well.... at least THAT much was certain!)

GG

You don't suppose this was penned by the descenting opinion in jest with some sarcasim involved do you?

Wait... Grognard, that didn't come out quite the way I wanted it to.

What I meant by my comment was, do you think the blog post you read in sympathy of the perps was written in jest or sarcasm.

Not that you were being sarcastic. Just trying to head off a misunderstanding here!

The law says the perp is responsible for his choice of victim - if the victim dies of heart attack it's still the perp's fault even if death was not intended. If the perp picks someone who will put him on the trailer and invite him to a dirt nap, then he has just failed Victim Selection 101 and deserves no sympathy. :cray:
Of course his Momma will sing the blues about how he was a good boy who was just getting his life turned around, aspiring rapper/headbanger, scouted by the NBA, just got a job and girlfriend, loves puppies and kittens, generously helps everybody, sings in the church choir, and all that typical platitudinous tripe. Maybe I feel sorry for Momma, but the feral Uentermensch who finally got the Darwin Award he has been trying for got what he deserved. Good riddance.

You don't suppose this was penned by the descenting opinion in jest with some sarcasim involved do you?

Didn't sound like it to me. It sounded just like your average Lib/Prog bleeding heart appeal to me. I could be wrong..... ya ain't gettin' no "virgin" in that department! Fer sure!

GG

I have an idea, get the BG a large headstone. Put all the "poor boy, changing his life, sang in choir, etc etc" on it. Right below it have engraved "He died breaking into someones house to steal their stuff and possible kill them" I wonder who will have sympathy for the little slug sucking pig now?

I have to agree with Gunny that I have a very hard time with sympathy for anyone that does something illegal or stupid and has to pay the consequences for it. Many time I wonder what caused them to do what ever it is they did but no matter what they are rsponsible fot the final outcome. A man tries to climb the face of a sheer cliff with no safety lines (free climbing I think it is called) and falls to his death. Another tries to rob someone and get killed while trying to do it. And someone else decides to see how fast hos Porche will take the curves on a mountain road. I cannot say that I have sympathy for any one of them. I am sure they were all wonderful people at one time but made a fatal decision. Their decision and they paid the price.

On a somewhat related note Chandler's Law became effective in SC on July 1, 2011. This law relates to the requirement for children riding ATV's under certain ages and having to wear helmets. Today an 8 year old died from being thrown from an ATV being driven by a 13 year old and neither one was wearing a helmet. Here I cannot help but have sympathy for all involved but I also have anger that this was allowed to happen. I am afraid that this one will get messy before it is over.

Valid point. Only people to feel sorry for is the victims. If only the world was like a fairy Fail where everyone was happy and no one was evil. But, Snow White, this is real life, Haha. If a BG does something and is killed/injured...then so be it. I've had enough of innocent blood shed in this world.

It really does not matter, just chock one up for the good guys.

I believe you will find more and more of home owners taking matters into their own hands and if need be killing the perp. The police cannot be everywhere and can never get to the scene to stop a crime in progress, this means if the dirt bags are willing to take their lives in their own hands, roll the dice, take the gamble that the home they are about to rob, that the homeowner is not sitting there with a 12 ga, AR 15, etc.

Its a shame to see our society stray so far from what made this country free in the first place. armed citizens able to defend what is rightfully their own. Now if we do we are the bad ones well it was put to me like this. Judged by 12 or carried by 6 damn straight anyone trying to raid my castle is gonna get the business end of a 45

In keeping with revjen45, it amazes me how literally every story, where a perp is killed or where someone is injured at 2AM at a club on a school day, has an "auntie" or a "momma" telling us what a good boy he was. To top it all off, most of the stories never mention "daddy".

Last week here in S. Florida police shot and killed 4 armed, masked men as the prepared to break into a house.

Here's the twist - the house is owned by the Miami/Dade police dept. and was being used as a front in a sting operation. The perps (all with violent criminal records, some with warrants) were "lured" to the home by a police informant who said it was a drug house with plenty of cash and loot. When confronted by LEOs a firefight ensued and all 4 were pronounced dead on the scene. (note: 1 of the 4 was the informant who was told by police beforehand to stay in the car under the pretense that he'd be the getaway driver. For some reason he chose not to.).

Already there are some down here using words like "entrapment" and "police ambush".

My response is....."So??"

Find out where that person who posted their concerns for the bad guys live and every time someone is caught trying to rob or kill some one, take them to their house and let them "counsel" them.
Sooner or later the police will be there drawing the little chalk outline around them and we will be less one more idiot.

In response to B2tall

I agree it was obvious those people were not there to bake cup cakes rather it be a house full of well prepared police then poor sap who can't defend against an attack like that

every death of a human being is tragic. Having empathy for the family and friends of a BG that has died is not the same as having sympathy for the BG.

I have no sympathy for a 20-year old being sentenced to 15 years for a death caused by his or her DWI, but I have lots of empathy for the parents of that 20-year old, just as I have for the children who must suffer the incarceration of a parent.

Fathers and mothers of the enemy soldiers bury their children with the same grief as we bury ours.

Recently, within the last year or so, I saw something that was most refreshing. After her son (and several of his criminal friends) was sentenced to life for a crime spree that included murder, a woman went public and apologized to all the victims of her son's crimes. She made no attempt to defend her son's actions or to blame society, etc., etc. She apologized for her own possible failures as a parent. She wasn't reading from a script and her voice was trembling as she spoke. Her sincerity was unquestionable.

That woman has my sympathy. To paraphrase The Bard, sometimes bad sons come from good wombs.

every death of a human being is tragic. Having empathy for the family and friends of a BG that has died is not the same as having sympathy for the BG.

I have no sympathy for a 20-year old being sentenced to 15 years for a death caused by his or her DWI, but I have lots of empathy for the parents of that 20-year old, just as I have for the children who must suffer the incarceration of a parent.

Fathers and mothers of the enemy soldiers bury their children with the same grief as we bury ours.

Well put, very well put....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back