Impulse Purchase-1201FP

joesmo

Being the patriot I am, I am trying to do my part to stimulate the economy! (I gotta stay out of the stores.

Bought a gun from the "used" rack. A never been fired Beretta 1201FP. I wasn't looking for a semi,because didn't want to spend the money. I know, I know, I should have purchased a Mossburg 500, but I can always ask Santa for that!

No manual, so thank god for internet. did enough to know that I could have gotten an actual "used" one for less. (darn impulse purchases). I already figured out how to disessemble, the goofy way it loads. I was confused about the stamping of 3" Magnum, but now know that if I use 3" it is 5+1, if I use 2-3/4 it is 6+1.

If you have stayed with me this far, and can lead me to an online manual, parts, or any other useful info, please do.

Also, this is my first "personal defense" shotgun. Any ammo recommendations appreciated. I don't have a clue.

I have one just like it. One thing I always wanted but can not find is a pistol grip stock for it. Choate used to have them but evidently they do not make them any more.

I've been reading about problems with semi's, have you had any problems? Slugs vs buckshot? 2.75 vs 3.0"

Have you found any online manuals?

thanks in advance.

I have not had any problems to speak of although I will have to confess that I have not put a lot of rounds through it.

Congrats on the new purchase. I am sure you will be quite pleased with it. I would be very surprised if you had any problem with it being a semi-auto.

I found a two-page Link Removed (will be removed soon). It's not much, but it does have information about buttstock disassembly.

Congrats on the new shotgun. Let us know how it shoots after you get a chance to get to the range. I've never shot a semi but when I was looking at buying one the only thing I read is some have issues with the low recoil self defense rounds. Guess they don't pack enough punch to chamber the next round.

I just picked up a Mossberg 500 this past weekend and I loaded it up with Hornady TAP low recoil 00 buck with 5 rounds of military grade 00 buck in the side saddle.

I found a two-page Link Removed (will be removed soon). It's not much, but it does have information about buttstock disassembly.
That's the same one that's on the link I provided. If that's the whole manual then they sure didn't put much effort in making one. Direct link to the file from my post for when your's goes down.
Link Removed

That's the same one that's on the link I provided. If that's the whole manual then they sure didn't put much effort in making one. Direct link to the file from my post for when your's goes down.
Link Removed

Ah, sorry...didn't see yours there. I should slow down and read.

I have one just like it. One thing I always wanted but can not find is a pistol grip stock for it. Choate used to have them but evidently they do not make them any more.

I found one for the benelli Super 90, which appears to be almost the same? I might invest the $71 to see if it will work. Brand is SpeedFeed. Midway has 2 versions. Anyone have any experience with speedfeed?

Link Removed
Link Removed

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back