Important State House Election!!!

PascalFleischman

As you may be aware, State Representativ and Speaker of the House, Jimmy Naifeh, is up for re-election this year. Speaker Naifeh has been a key proponent in torpedoeing pro-gun legislation at the committee level, thereby denying an up/down vote on the House floor. Please take the time to email Rory Bricco and offer him your support. At the present time, his campaign seems fairly weak. He's running against a 34-year, entrenched veteran of liberal West TN politics. His campaign seems to focus more on impertinent (at the state level) issues such as partial-birth abortion. I've emailed him to encourage that he highlight Naifeh's anti-gun stance, as well as issues we as Tennessee gunners need addressed. Although he's not likely running as your representative, it's important that we do what we can to ensure Jimmy Naifeh is NOT re-elected. Please see the email below that I sent to him, and take the time to express your desires as a pro-gun Tennesseean.

[email protected]

Mr. Bricco:

First, let me congratulate you on your decision to run against Jimmy Naifeh in the upcoming TN House race. I sincerely hope you can defeat him and bring about much needed change in direction of the TN House. Unfortunately, my current financial situation (and most likely, election laws) prohibit a monetary commitment. I am a resident of Memphis, and therefore not involved directly in your race, but I have a vested interest in the outcome of this election.

If I may be so bold, I’d like to offer a suggestion to your campaign. I think it’s imperative that you highlight Speaker Naifeh’s recent actions to torpedo pro-gun legislation as it relates to loosening handgun carrying restrictions. While partial-birth abortion is a political firecracker designed to awaken the conservative base, it is essentially a non-issue as it relates to state politics. In a rural district such as yours, hammering Naifeh’s anti-gun stance will most likely garner more positive attention than campaigning on abortion bans. I believe that emphasizing your pro-gun stance with respect to Naifeh’s “dog & pony show” efforts to kill legislation that has full support of the TN Senate will mean the difference between winning and losing this election.

As a licensed handgun carrier, here are issues of importance to me:

1) Removing restrictions on carrying in a restaurant that serves alcohol
2) Removing restrictions regarding carrying on state land – current Federal Dept. of Interior rulings seem to indicate that restrictions on carrying on Federal land will hinge upon state regulations
3) Allowing carry in public parks
4) Allowing carry on school and university property for licensees (Students for Concealed Carry on Campus - ConcealedCampus.com)

Thank you for your time, and I wish you great success in the upcoming election.

Regards,

You sedm to be encouraging people to support to support Bricco without knowing what his position on 2A is. Yeah, I understand that the incumbent is someone who gun owners need to get rid of, but in the absence of information of the opponent's stance on 2A (at least as far as I can tell), how can you urge people to support him?

That's the purpose of my letter....asking him to further highlight his pro-gun stance. He claims it on his website in a slight blurb. There's also an NRA logo on the site, as well.

This is all he says about gun rights:

Instead they pass more laws that make criminals out of law abiding citizens while stripping us of our right to defend ourselves and our families

That's the purpose of my letter....asking him to further highlight his pro-gun stance. He claims it on his website in a slight blurb. There's also an NRA logo on the site, as well.

This is all he says about gun rights:

Instead they pass more laws that make criminals out of law abiding citizens while stripping us of our right to defend ourselves and our families

You should have included this information in the initial post. But yes, I do agree that it is important for candidates for political office to reveal their stances on gun rights, and if this guy hasn't, he needs to, and with more than the aforementioned statement.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back