IMO the perfect carry/home defense pistol.

cluznar

Here is the pistol I would like:

.380 cal.
4 inch barrel
25 ounces unloaded
single stack 8+1
Locked Breech
with exposed hammer
DA/SA
Decocker
Nice trigger

To me this would be the perfect pistol. There are some that are close, but I want this one. :triniti:

There is a reason why such pistol isn't produced. There is no market for a heavy, long-barreled, low-capacity .380 ACP. Dream on. Meanwhile, in the land of reality, I go for the Glock 19:

• 9mm
  • 4 inch barrel
  • 21 ounces unloaded
  • double-stack 15+1 with optional 17 and 33 round magazines
  • locked breech
  • with no exposed hammer
  • DAO
  • No decocker (what for?)
  • Nice trigger for self defense
Anyway, I see that this OP as progress, knowing that the poster has recently argued heavily for even smaller calibers. :triniti:

I bought a Walther S&W Mfg. PPK/s .380 and it's been a really nice small handgun.
It shoots good and fast and I have had no failures of any kind.
There is a lot of good quality carry type Ammo. for the .380s today.
My PPK/s is really handy when I just want a small handgun to stick in a pants pocket.

And that is where I stopped reading....

After seeing who the OP was, I wouldn't have even read that far except that I saw that you were the last poster, so I opened the thread. Your instincts for not reading stuff by this OP are spot on.

All you need to know about the OP can be found all over this site, and that's true even though two of the busiest sub-forums are closed and, for the time being at least, not archived anywhere.

Regarding those links, I can't say "Enjoy" with a straight face, so I guess I'll just say "Endure." HA!

Blues

Nocluznar is back...

...I know, nobody gives a rat's derriere.

Here's what the OP should have posted:

9mm
4.5 inch barrel
double-stack 19+1
no hammer
SA (safe action) trigger. A trigger between SA and DA.
decent trigger for self defense
IWB or OWB with Hidden Hybrid Holster

Any firearm that stops the criminal's attack is good enough. Mine must be perfect because it has stopped every criminal's decision to attack me so far - I've never had to even draw it in self-defense.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back