I'm starting to see more people OC in my area!

tricolordad

Banned
I used to be the only one besides LEOs and armored truck drivers to OC in my area. I know this for a fact because I am always out and about and never once saw any other person carrying. It used to be that harrassment was to be expected from LEO, and at that time, had there been another legal way to carry (conceal carry laws) I would have done so and thus avoided over $5000 in lawyer fees. Last summer, I noticed about 3 other people had started to OC, at least part of the time. One of which works at an auto parts store I frequent and can always be seen carrying his SP101. Yesterday, I saw not one, but two people other than me OCing. Granted, they were walking together, but they were definitely not LEO (I may have appeared to be LEO yesterday since I was pretty well dressed) and that is always a plus! We as citizens need to start taking care of ourselves. Other than the county LEOs, around here, the cops do not give two shits about the average citizen unless they are a relative. There is a crime wave coming this way from the Twin Cities due to the economic crisis and things are starting to take a turn for the worse. I live fairly close to the police dept, though out of town and city jurisdiction, and can hear a police siren at least every 25 or 30 minutes. In a town of just over 8,000, this is disturbing.

Nonetheless, I am excited that others have taken to the realization that we need to be armed!!

That's awesome,, trying to get more ppl to do it around here, there are a few that I have seen but not enough to really get the publics attention. Then,, im out in the country and on.ly in town a few times a week

That's awesome,, trying to get more ppl to do it around here, there are a few that I have seen but not enough to really get the publics attention. Then,, im out in the country and on.ly in town a few times a week

I live just outside city limits and rarely venture into town as I prefer the peace and quiet of public land, but when I do, I hope that people who were on the line, so to speak, will take my doing it as a sign that maybe it is for them and that there's absolutely nothing wrong with open carrying. If people prefer to CC, more power to them, but if they choose to OC, they can enjoy not having to have body oils, lint and salt on their expensive firearm. We are not criminals, why the hell should we hide our intent to defend ourselves and our loved ones?! (CC trolls need not reply)

I also am starting to see more people open carrying as I travel. At one time it would have me wondering, but as I become older and more educated I see the the advantages and disadvantages of it. I personally prefer concealed as I don't want the bad guy knowing he needs to take me out first.

I also am starting to see more people open carrying as I travel. At one time it would have me wondering, but as I become older and more educated I see the the advantages and disadvantages of it. I personally prefer concealed as I don't want the bad guy knowing he needs to take me out first.

thanks for your response. could you please cite where that has ever happened? a real story would be great, not just an urban legend.

one of the reasons i OC is to avoid the confrontation to start with. if Zimmerman had been OC, martin would not have assaulted him to start with

thanks for your response. could you please cite where that has ever happened? a real story would be great, not just an urban legend.

one of the reasons i OC is to avoid the confrontation to start with. if Zimmerman had been OC, martin would not have assaulted him to start with
I am an OC advocate, but due to FL not allowing OC, and it was dark would in-validate this idea. I totally agree with the "deterrent aspect", but to be honest most folks never even see my full size 1911 in daylight. Most people have very poor situational awareness. (PS I do own a PF9).

open carry can be one concept of the 2ndA. that is one more reason that FL should allow OC. not allowing it is an infringement on your rights.
i live in a OC friendly state, though we have a lot of advocates trying to get rid of our OC

I usually carry OC, and when I was at Wally World several days ago when I first saw someone else OCing. It was a guy with a small boy with him. We nodded to each other as we passed. I also note that I have never seen a reaction to my CCW guns. I know they are visible, but no one pays any attention to them.

Great to have the choice how to carry

hhamer .....I agree with your personal preference to conceal (as I do) but I can understand there are very strong arguments on both CC and OC.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back