I'm moving...

How come you didn't consider VA with that catch-all degree? Good state to live in IMO, reasonably good job market and high standard of living due to the heavy government presence, typically a 30 day turn on resident concealed permits, open carry widely accepted. Real estate taxes are high but sales tax is reasonable as is the state income tax.

How come you didn't consider VA with that catch-all degree? Good state to live in IMO, reasonably good job market and high standard of living due to the heavy government presence, typically a 30 day turn on resident concealed permits, open carry widely accepted. Real estate taxes are high but sales tax is reasonable as is the state income tax.

If it wasn't for the winter months, I'd love to live in the "central" or "western" part of Virginia!

If it wasn't for the winter months, I'd love to live in the "central" or "western" part of Virginia!

Well, I'll admit, the last two years have been a bit dicey...and unusual...considering the low temps and heavy snows. Typically we don't see anything below freezing very often, but now we're seeing lots lower than that and it sticks around for weeks.

If next winter is a threepeat, I'm replacing my second-level heat pump with forced-air heat and refrigerated A/C like's on the first level. That upstairs aux heater to augment the heat pump during these prolonged cold spells is tremendously inefficient and has been adding an additional $200/month to my electric bill.

Well, I'll admit, the last two years have been a bit dicey...and unusual...considering the low temps and heavy snows. Typically we don't see anything below freezing very often, but now we're seeing lots lower than that and it sticks around for weeks.

If next winter is a threepeat, I'm replacing my second-level heat pump with forced-air heat and refrigerated A/C like's on the first level. That upstairs aux heater to augment the heat pump during these prolonged cold spells is tremendously inefficient and has been adding an additional $200/month to my electric bill.

I used to own a business in Lynchburg and I spent a lot of time there. I never tired of the moutain views.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back