I'm Back! .... Sort Of...

mot mayhem

Well, it has been awhile since I was able to grace these pages. It has been a crazy, hectic year. In January, my wife and I purchaesd a house. The following week we, well she, gave birth to a wonderful daughter - Talia Grace.
We have no internet where we are, other than dial-up, which I refuse to pay for. (one of the only bad points being rural) We have so many trees and State Gamelands all around, that satellite is useless.
I lost my job in April, but did find another only 10 minutes from home. So, even though it was a paycut, it almost evens out with less gas used.
I am able to access the net while on duty at the station, so, every 3 days, I can keep in touch.
I missed this site, and all participating in it. I am looking forward to being able to surf here once again. There is a plethora of information here, and I am glad to be back gaining the knowledge of its resources.
Now, if I could only get my wife to rechange her views once again... She was semi-anti, then decided she would like to get her CCW, now she doesn't want to. So, I told her she isn't allowed to go out w/ the baby for walks unless t is in certain areas. ( there have been a few scary cases in the past year to warrant my concerns. - locally ) I guess I had better try and work fast before BHO gets his way. If not, well I had better try to find some funds fast to stock up on a few more home defense pieces.
Anyhow, thanks for keeping the site going til I returned. This is an excellant site, and I hope it will remain.
.............peace, and stay safe, mot

Welcome back you don't know me as you joined before i even found the site. But hope to get to know you. First child? My wife was the same way ( well not anti gun) Just did not want to carry a gun around on her in a holster . So we met in the middle on the matter. She would get her Concealed weapons permit and carry just not in a holster on her. She said she will carry in a gun purse. Slower draw time as well as other draw backs but hey one thing at a time. The good thing is she at least has the gun with her if the SHTF.

Last edited:
Glad you are back. Congrats on the new addition to your family. It does sound like you have had a lot going on.

Mot, you've been missed. Welcome back and Congratulations on the birth of your daughter.

There but for the grace of God go I. It has been and still is a long, difficult journey. But at least I see a faint light, and thankfully as far as I can tell it's not a freight train. Hard times like these call for faith. Thanks all for the replies. It IS good to be back. To all the new people since I last was on..... welcome, and I am lookimg forward to the future. - here at least. My father out-law in Canada is a preacher, and he said concerning this election that whatever happens, no matter how bad it may seem, remember just WHO is in control. Something to ponder.

Welcome back. Congratulations on your new home and child. Sorry to hear you lost your job. I hope the new one is going well for you. Hang in there. Don't push your wife, but don't give up one her either. My wife had never shot a gun until I taught her a couple of years ago. Now she has a carry permit.

Welcome back! I notices I haven't seen any post from you for a while. I'm glad you are able to get on every once in a while. Congrats on the new house and baby girl. Sorry about the job but sometimes things happen for the best.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back