Illinois Trying To Be The Next California But WORSE - Here We Go (AGAIN)

skinnyb82

Several Chicago Machine Senators have introduced bills to require training to get a FOID card, three bills containing language providing for gun registration, three bills containing language requiring gun insurance (all gun owners carry a liability insurance policy of $1M or more), two gun and magazine bans (exactly like what was shot down last month), an 18% surtax on ammunition and firearm sales, a may issue with proper cause permit system (and the Illinois State Police decides whether your cause is proper enough....as in it's not unless you're politically connected or banging someone politically connected) with a gun ban attached to that one too. Full-on assault on the Bill of Rights, not just the Second Amendment. Here's a list of the bad bad bad bills, if you wanna read the entire bill go to the top and hit "Full Text," but most of them are too long so you've either gotta read the PDF or click on the link it gives you when it tells you it's too long.

SB1709
- Registration of ALL firearms (certificate of registration provided), defines "firearm"
SB1727 - Requires all firearm owners to have liability insurance - minimum $1,000,000. If a firearm is stolen from you, you are still the owner until the loss is reported.
SB1935 - See above (same as SB1727)
SB2325 - Requires firearm safety training (as defined by the ISP, "Firearm Safety Certificate" must be submitted) for all FOID applicants and renewals but exempts those who had a FOID card on 6/1/98 and "certain others", requires firearm liability insurance, 18% surtax on ammo and firearm sales, prohibits multiple gun purchases in a one-month period
SB2342 - Gun and magazine ban w/ registration

aaaaaaand the one that made me vomit, the may issue with cause bill packaged with the same gun ban and registration bill above:

SB2384 - Non-preemptive may-issue with "proper cause" license to carry, ban on FTF sales, training requirement determined by the Illinois State Police (i.e. 200 hours of range time and 100% accuracy on 20 moving targets) and qualification on every single weapon one will carry concealed (the permit will state what guns), ban on personal defense weapons (such as any pistol that one would use as their CCW), gun registration, enhanced penalties enhanced for not reporting lost/stolen firearm(s) w/in 72 hours

If these bills pass, It will be tge last straw for me, I will leave like I've been wanting to. I'm not going to be forced to become a criminal anymore. It sucks because my mom will not be able to see her grandaughter as often, but hey, Indiana is not too far. Protecting myself and my family is my #1 priority in my life, and if they try to make it this hard to do so, they might as well make it illegal. The only thing keeping me in this F*cked up state is my mom, dad, and brother. But I can no longer deal with it. I have to choose the safety of my daughter above all else.

These Jerks seem to think they know something that WE the PEOPLE do not know. Let them walk the streets with out their heavily armed body guards, and see how the law changes. Also take away their armored limos. Boy will they have to change their undies a bunch. LMAO

These Jerks seem to think they know something that WE the PEOPLE do not know. Let them walk the streets with out their heavily armed body guards, and see how the law changes. Also take away their armored limos. Boy will they have to change their undies a bunch. LMAO
Liberals are about pure emotion and good intentions. They have no interest in real solution, they only have to show good intentions and how much they care about the little people. The low information voters eat this stuff up, it keeps liberals in office.

Look at Section 55 (Restrictions) in SB2384...the bill restricts carrying, well, everywhere but the street and God forbid there's a parade, you're screwed. It actually restricts carrying in street parades, private residences and privately owned buildings including businesses without permission of the owner (do not comment on that one...but we all know how stupid that is), malls or any other public place where permit holders even in CA can carry so basically, permit holders under SB2384 will only be able to carry on the street. Reasonable restrictions....pfft, especially since Posner cited Kachalsky and the 2A in his opinion. I mean, I know the answer (because they don't want people carrying anywhere) but these Chicago politicians are just clueless. And if any of the rest of those bills pass, they'll end up in federal court and lose, cost IL taxpayers money but hey we're flush right. Hell, even filing these bills probably cost six figures. I'm guessing he just used Google when he wrote the bill, found other horrible bills, and cobbled that together, tacked on his gun ban from the 97th ILGA, and filed it. Then took his gun ban from the ILGA, filed that separately. Bahhhh...I'm gonna refrain from discussing the merits (ha I made a funny) of this bill or any of the rest because I know the antis slink around these forums since they need "gun lingo" translated into plain English like "barrel shroud."

It seems like every time the law abiding citizens of Illinois get a little god news, the corrupt politicians of Springfield and Cook county stick it to them once again. Hang in there.

Oh we are, especially since Posner (the judge on the Seventh who drafted the majority opinion in Moore v. Madigan) explicitly told Illinois to draft a concealed carry bill with "reasonable restrictions." This is NOT reasonable AT ALL. It bans carrying everywhere, basically a California or NY style permit issuance as in no one can get one unless they "know someone," and a gun ban that includes every gun that someone would carry. Yeah, reasonable...if this is their idea of "reasonable" then...WOW. They have until June 6 to pass something, there's a good bill (HB997, Senate companion is SB1284, can look them up on ilga.gov if you want) and it has almost 50 co-sponsors. The Senate bill has quite a few less, but it's a shall issue. We were guessing they'd try to trade a good carry bill for an AWB...but instead, it's a BAD carry bill for a BAD AWB and registration. Well, June 6 is the drop-dead date, if nothing is passed by then, hello Constitutional Carry. People walking down Michigan Ave. with gold-plated Desert Eagle .50AEs strapped to their hips.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back