Illinois now allows New Mexico residents to apply for CCL

kwc

See http://ccl4illinois.com. It may take up to 24 hours for you to see the changes (based on experience when Illinois added Virginia).

This change means that Illinois now allows residents of 4 other states (HI, SC, VA, NM) to apply for an Illinois Concealed Carry License as non-residents. Note that all training requirements apply (16 hours) along with a host of other stipulations... including a resident carry license from one of those states.

Link Removed

Hopefully Ohio comes up soon. Been hoping to visit my brother near Chicago, but I wouldn't go unarmed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Hopefully Ohio comes up soon. Been hoping to visit my brother near Chicago, but I wouldn't go unarmed.

Among other criteria, Illinois doesn't issue licenses to individuals who have voluntarily been admitted for in-patient mental health treatment within the past 5 years. Ohio doesn't impose this restriction onto their own licensees, so Illinois won't allow Ohio residents to apply for an Illinois license.

This chart summarizes how each state matches up:

Link Removed

Well looks like he'll have to visit me. Thanks for the info!

It's not much of a consolation, but I assume you know you can drive to IL and carry in your car... and if your brother gives permission you can carry in his home.

I'm in that position now, living in Illinois but unable to get a CCL due to my status as a non-resident military member.

Yeah, passed through Illinois on my last vacation. Made sure I hit the head in Missouri and didn't stop again til I hit Kentucky. Kind of stupid that they trust me to have a loaded weapon in my car, but, God forbid I have it on me in public! I don't think I'll ever understand the "logic" behind the patchwork gun laws we have now.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back