Illinois now accepting concealed carry license applications from Virginia residents.

AlphaKoncepts

Illinois now accepting Virginia residents for Illinois non-resident Concealed Carry License. Illinois only accepts license applications from Illinois, Hawaii, South Carolina, and now Virginia residents...

Link Removed

I am originally from Illinois, and I am happy that I can finally apply to carry there too. Although, I feel the application process will be a bear.

I am originally from Illinois, and I am happy that I can finally apply to carry there too. Although, I feel the application process will be a bear.

Do you have an IL-approved instructor nearby from whom you can obtain your 16 hours of training? That may be the biggest hurdle. The $300 application fee, LiveScan fingerprints, and notarized affidavit are other requirements that may slow you down.

But if you visit IL very often, obtaining an IL CCL is your only option to conceal carry outside of your vehicle.

I just posted another thread asking about if I need FOID first or not.

But, I plan on taking the 8-hour course when I visit next time. I want to try and get all of it at once. I bet that I'll have to plan a CCW vacation.

Illinois now accepting concealed carry license applications from Virginia res...

I just posted another thread asking about if I need FOID first or not.

But, I plan on taking the 8-hour course when I visit next time. I want to try and get all of it at once. I bet that I'll have to plan a CCW vacation.

Just posted a response to your other question on FOID cards--not needed nor even allowed.

You've already taken the first 8 hours (eg NRA Basic Pistol), or have 8 hours of credit for military service?

Thanks for the prompt reply. I didn't think it would be necessary, but it's Illinois, and I was running the scenario in my head of showing up at the class and someone saying that I can't have a gun without a FOID. Figured I'd ask, just to be sure.

I'd be interested in the class, but I live in Va full time, and my trips back are in the southwest suburbs of Chicago. Thanks for the offer though.

ETA: I'm a military vet, so get credit for the first 8 hours.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back