IL resident traveling to St. Louis

NorthCounty

I searched for this, but came up empty. I have gone through MO's ccw laws and the reciprocity stuff, but I'm being told that St. Louis county is different. Do they have their own ordinances for non resident ccw holders? Thanks!

I searched for this, but came up empty. I have gone through MO's ccw laws and the reciprocity stuff, but I'm being told that St. Louis county is different. Do they have their own ordinances for non resident ccw holders? Thanks!

No, they don't. School zones would be the only restriction for nonresidents anywhere in MO due to the GFSZA.

There used to be open carry restrictions in St Louis County that varied by jurisdiction, but those were legislatively preempted last year by the state.

No, they don't. School zones would be the only restriction for nonresidents anywhere in MO due to the GFSZA.

There used to be open carry restrictions in St Louis County that varied by jurisdiction, but those were legislatively preempted last year by the state.

Preemption is only if you have a valid CCW permit on your person at the time you are carrying openly. Without the permit, local ordinances still apply.

Preemption is only if you have a valid CCW permit on your person at the time you are carrying openly. Without the permit, local ordinances still apply.

Good point... applicable for those who don't have a permit recognized in MO.

The OP has a valid non-resident CCW so I didn't mention this fact.

MO recognizes all states permits.

Correct. I wrote it that way because the statute reads as follows:

(a) Any person with a valid concealed carry endorsement or permit who is open carrying a firearm shall be required to have a valid concealed carry endorsement or permit from this state, or a permit from another state that is recognized by this state, in his or her possession at all times;

St Louis is only marginally accepted as part of MO.

As one who grew up on the South Side, I am chuckling and a nodding in agreement.
St. Louis and KC are not parts of their own counties either. It all dates back to the Civil War. Unless something has changed, been gone now for almost 30 years.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back