IKE is coming. Pray.

HK4U

Pray for the people of Galveston and all of the gulf coast. Galveston is already beginning to have flooding and the storm is still hours away. This has all the potential of being a very devastating storm.

Pray for the people of Galveston and all of the gulf coast. Galveston is already beginning to have flooding and the storm is still hours away. This has all the potential of being a very devastating storm.

It will be terrible. I hope everything will turn out ok for those people.

All of you over there have my prayers. I went through Hugo here and never want anyone to have to go through that.

praying also, diffidently a big one and a lot of people will need help, i hope it doesn't take long for them to get it.

Will the Dallas/Fort Worth be anywhere in Ike's path? What preparations have you taken?

Should not be to bad up here. We are far north closer to Oklahoma than Houston. We should get several inches of rain and perhaps some strong winds. As the storm tracks to the north it is expected that the heaver winds and rain will be more toward the eastern parts of Texas. Anyway we will see. I just hope we do not loose poser for any length of time. No preps other than our standard ones theat we have done for any emergency.

We got a little of rain in the fort worth Dallas area but less than expected. some of the towns on east Texas had some wind damage. From what I have seen on t.v. Galveston had quite a few houses flooded or destroyed and Houston downtown buildings had a lot of windows knocked out. I have heard state wide there was as many as around 5 million without power.

Well, the good news is that it didn't do nearly as much damage as many meteorologists predicted. Yes, lots was destroyed, but it could have been much, much worse. May God have mercy on you all.

The main thing is there was not the catastrophic loss of life that could of happend. Of course they have not gone through all the rubble yet so it might change a little. For those that did loose loved ones it is still tragic.

Up here in Northwest Indiana it rained all weekend. So much in fact that we actually received more rainfall than Texas did from Hurricane Ike. The hardest hit area, Valparaiso, received over 10 inches. There was flooding everywhere. Luckily, other than my lights blinking a couple of times, my home (a fourth floor apartment) was largely unaffected.

It is beginning to look like saying the death count was low was a bit premature. On a positive note my wife's nephew and family have been up here with us for a couple days. They live in La Port and were not able to get back to see about therir house. A number of homes, according to the news, were destroyed there. Today they got news that their house survived. Only a larg tree down in the yard but nothing else.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back