If you want to help with your state's info, read inside

calvin

Benevolent Overlord
Hello friends, my name is Calvin and I am trying to help coordinate how each state's permit info and laws are setup.

Each state has a permit info and a laws section. For the permit info section, at a minimum, please acquire all of the following info. I am open to suggestions if you guys think more categories should be added.

Issuing Authority
Permit Information and Requirements
-NICS check
-Cost
-Required Documents
Informing Law Enforcement of Carry
Automobile carry
Places off-limits when carrying
Deadly Force / Castle Doctrine
Localities with Varying Laws

For the laws, this would be a "highlight" of law pertaining to concealed carry. Include relevant statutes to your state carry along with the section number. Information about assault weapon bans and things of this nature are not necessary. Ideally, if you could include a link to your state's legislature site, showing the full text for all your state's firearm law, we would like that.
A good example would be in the Deleware forum, see Link Removed or this link.

Last edited:
I posted some of this in the Kansas thread

Issuing Authority - Ks Attorney General
http://www.ksag.org/content/page/id/90

Permit Information and Requirements
Ks CCW law
Link Removed

-NICS check - Ks Attorney General

-Cost 110.00 to Ks Attorney General 40.00 to local sheriff's office

-Required Documents -Offical Ks ID or drivers lic.-CCW certification class certificate -completed aplication - 2"x2" photo (pass port style)these must be turned into the local sheriff's office of residence along with all fees.

Informing Law Enforcement of Carry -must inform LEO of CCW if asked

Automobile carry allowed (with in reach/control (does not have to be on person HB 2528 )

Places off-limits when carrying
Link Removed

Deadly Force / Castle Doctrine
Link Removed

Localities with Varying Laws
CCW laws (under HB 2528 ) are to be the same through the state.
Link Removed

If any of my Ks friends sees a mistake let me know and I'll repair the list

Last edited:
Oregon Revised Statues

Here are ORS 166.170 to 166.663

Link Removed

But this is the more important stuff... directly to the point

166.291 Issuance of concealed handgun license; application; fees; liability. (1) The sheriff of a county, upon a person’s application for an Oregon concealed handgun license, upon receipt of the appropriate fees and after compliance with the procedures set out in this section, shall issue the person a concealed handgun license if the person:
(a)(A) Is a citizen of the United States; or
(B) Is a legal resident alien who can document continuous residency in the county for at least six months and has declared in writing to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services the intent to acquire citizenship status and can present proof of the written declaration to the sheriff at the time of application for the license;
(b) Is at least 21 years of age;
(c) Has a principal residence in the county in which the application is made;
(d) Has no outstanding warrants for arrest;
(e) Is not free on any form of pretrial release;
(f) Demonstrates competence with a handgun by any one of the following:
(A) Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the State Department of Fish and Wildlife or a similar agency of another state if handgun safety was a component of the course;
(B) Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course if handgun safety was a component of the course;
(C) Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by law enforcement, community college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association or a law enforcement agency if handgun safety was a component of the course;
(D) Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, reserve law enforcement officers or any other law enforcement officers if handgun safety was a component of the course;
(E) Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a handgun through participation in organized shooting competition or military service;
(F) Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state, unless the license has been revoked; or
(G) Completion of any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a firearms instructor certified by a law enforcement agency or the National Rifle Association if handgun safety was a component of the course;
(g) Has never been convicted of a felony or found guilty, except for insanity under ORS 161.295, of a felony;
(h) Has not been convicted of a misdemeanor or found guilty, except for insanity under ORS 161.295, of a misdemeanor within the four years prior to the application;
(i) Has not been committed to the Department of Human Services under ORS 426.130;
(j) Has not been found to be mentally ill and is not subject to an order under ORS 426.130 that the person be prohibited from purchasing or possessing a firearm as a result of that mental illness;
(k) Has been discharged from the jurisdiction of the juvenile court for more than four years if, while a minor, the person was found to be within the jurisdiction of the juvenile court for having committed an act that, if committed by an adult, would constitute a felony or a misdemeanor involving violence, as defined in ORS 166.470; and
(L) Is not subject to a citation issued under ORS 163.735 or an order issued under ORS 30.866, 107.700 to 107.735 or 163.738.
(2) A person who has been granted relief under ORS 166.274 or 166.293 or 18 U.S.C. 925(c) or has had the person’s record expunged under the laws of this state or equivalent laws of other jurisdictions is not subject to the disabilities in subsection (1)(g) to (k) of this section.
(3) Before the sheriff may issue a license:
(a) The application must state the applicant’s legal name, current address and telephone number, date and place of birth, hair and eye color and height and weight. The application must also list the applicant’s residence address or addresses for the previous three years. The application must contain a statement by the applicant that the applicant meets the requirements of subsection (1) of this section. The application may include the Social Security number of the applicant if the applicant voluntarily provides this number. The application must be signed by the applicant.
(b) The applicant must submit to fingerprinting and photographing by the sheriff. The sheriff shall fingerprint and photograph the applicant and shall conduct any investigation necessary to corroborate the requirements listed under subsection (1) of this section. If a nationwide criminal records check is necessary, the sheriff shall request the Department of State Police to conduct the check, including fingerprint identification, through the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The Federal Bureau of Investigation shall return the fingerprint cards used to conduct the criminal records check and may not keep any record of the fingerprints. The Department of State Police shall report the results of the fingerprint-based criminal records check to the sheriff. The Department of State Police shall also furnish the sheriff with any information about the applicant that the Department of State Police may have in its possession from its central bureau of criminal identification including, but not limited to, manual or computerized criminal offender information.
(4) Application forms for concealed handgun licenses shall be supplied by the sheriff upon request. The forms shall be uniform throughout the state in substantially the following form:

Last edited:
Wshington States RCW 9.41.070

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41

RCW 9.41.070

Concealed pistol license —

(1) The chief of police of a municipality or the sheriff of a county shall within thirty days after the filing of an application of any person, issue a license to such person to carry a pistol concealed on his or her person within this state for five years from date of issue, for the purposes of protection or while engaged in business, sport, or while traveling. However, if the applicant does not have a valid permanent Washington driver's license or Washington state identification card or has not been a resident of the state for the previous consecutive ninety days, the issuing authority shall have up to sixty days after the filing of the application to issue a license. The issuing authority shall not refuse to accept completed applications for concealed pistol licenses during regular business hours.

The applicant's constitutional right to bear arms shall not be denied, unless:

(a) He or she is ineligible to possess a firearm under the provisions of RCW 9.41.040 or 9.41.045;

(b) The applicant's concealed pistol license is in a revoked status;

(c) He or she is under twenty-one years of age;

(d) He or she is subject to a court order or injunction regarding firearms pursuant to RCW 9A.46.080, 10.14.080, 10.99.040, 10.99.045, 26.09.050, 26.09.060, 26.10.040, 26.10.115, 26.26.130, 26.50.060, 26.50.070, or 26.26.590;

(e) He or she is free on bond or personal recognizance pending trial, appeal, or sentencing for a felony offense;

(f) He or she has an outstanding warrant for his or her arrest from any court of competent jurisdiction for a felony or misdemeanor; or

(g) He or she has been ordered to forfeit a firearm under RCW 9.41.098(1)(e) within one year before filing an application to carry a pistol concealed on his or her person.

No person convicted of a felony may have his or her right to possess firearms restored or his or her privilege to carry a concealed pistol restored, unless the person has been granted relief from disabilities by the secretary of the treasury under 18 U.S.C. Sec. 925(c), or RCW 9.41.040 (3) or (4) applies.

(2) The issuing authority shall check with the national crime information center, the Washington state patrol electronic data base, the department of social and health services electronic data base, and with other agencies or resources as appropriate, to determine whether the applicant is ineligible under RCW 9.41.040 or 9.41.045 to possess a firearm and therefore ineligible for a concealed pistol license. This subsection applies whether the applicant is applying for a new concealed pistol license or to renew a concealed pistol license.

(3) Any person whose firearms rights have been restricted and who has been granted relief from disabilities by the secretary of the treasury under 18 U.S.C. Sec. 925(c) or who is exempt under 18 U.S.C. Sec. 921(a)(20)(A) shall have his or her right to acquire, receive, transfer, ship, transport, carry, and possess firearms in accordance with Washington state law restored except as otherwise prohibited by this chapter.

(4) The license application shall bear the full name, residential address, telephone number at the option of the applicant, date and place of birth, race, gender, description, not more than two complete sets of fingerprints, and signature of the licensee, and the licensee's driver's license number or state identification card number if used for identification in applying for the license. A signed application for a concealed pistol license shall constitute a waiver of confidentiality and written request that the department of social and health services, mental health institutions, and other health care facilities release information relevant to the applicant's eligibility for a concealed pistol license to an inquiring court or law enforcement agency.

The application for an original license shall include two complete sets of fingerprints to be forwarded to the Washington state patrol.

The license and application shall contain a warning substantially as follows:

CAUTION: Although state and local laws do not differ, federal law and state law on the possession of firearms differ. If you are prohibited by federal law from possessing a firearm, you may be prosecuted in federal court. A state license is not a defense to a federal prosecution.​

Last edited:
California Page

I have started listing some of the Rules and Regulations for California state page.

I have also given a link for a state CCW site @

Link Removed
California Concealed Carry (CCW) Forum

Hope this helps.

spc

If anybody has specific questions about any counties in CA. PM me, I travel to 36 of the 58 providing State mandated LEO training. I know 48 of the 58 Sheriffs personally.

If anybody has specific questions about any counties in CA. PM me, I travel to 36 of the 58 providing State mandated LEO training. I know 48 of the 58 Sheriffs personally.

Welcome aboard Ca CCWInstructor.

It is good to have your valuable input here.

spc

Last edited:
I'll be glad to do Indiana. I think that some important information missing from each state page that should be included is whether a particular state's permit is honored in another via a reciprocity agreement or unilateral recognition. Also, none of the state pages currently shows which permits the state honors; this info should be shown alongside the info showing the states in which a state's permit is honored.

OHIO CCW Information

Ohio Concealed Carry Law:
Link Removed

Ohio Misc. Rules:
Link Removed

Ohio Reciprocity
Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads