If you carry in your pocket...

front sight

I always carry keys in one front pocket and a pocket knife in the other. If you carry in a pocket holster, what do you do with your other "pocket stuff" like keys, change, pocket knife?

Thanks!

I always have my keys on a hook that I clip to my belt ( the keychain that looks like a climbing ring ) and depending on your knife you can always put it in your back pocket. Also I'm guessing since you pocket carry you have a 380, I just saw a pocket holster that forms over the pistol making it wallet shaped but with a hole for the trigger allowing for quick fire without removing the holster and can be put in your back pocket when not sitting.

I always have my keys on a hook that I clip to my belt ( the keychain that looks like a climbing ring ) and depending on your knife you can always put it in your back pocket. Also I'm guessing since you pocket carry you have a 380, I just saw a pocket holster that forms over the pistol making it wallet shaped but with a hole for the trigger allowing for quick fire without removing the holster and can be put in your back pocket when not sitting.

Interesting.

Could you provide a pic? I would be leery of such a holster for fear that it might inhibit the movement of the slide. Or have they somehow accounted for that in the design?

I carry little or no change. A multitool (Leatherman) in a sheath is usually on my belt, or a small knife is in a pocket.
With cargo pants you can carry what you like: Cell phone, ammo, kitchen sink, etc.

Interesting.

Could you provide a pic? I would be leery of such a holster for fear that it might inhibit the movement of the slide. Or have they somehow accounted for that in the design?

Link Removed

They also make them were the holster stays in your pocket.

This holster comes from Stoner Holster and I carry it every day I wear jeans and shorts, which is every day. Here's a picture of it - the gun comes out of the holster and the holster "grabs" inside the pocket and stays in automatically as the gun is drawn. You also function normally - sit, stand, run, whatever. It is not uncomfortable to sit even from day one.

Link Removed

I add a Cold Steel 5 1/2 Voyager Tanto serrated folder clipped to the off-side front pocket and a tactical light clipped in the off-side rear. Wallet is strong side front; keys, lighter, mini-survival kit, earplugs are off-side front. That's a standard loadout for a day running errands or hanging out in low danger areas. Add my Browning Hi-Power on an IWB holster and 2 double magazine holders and we're ready to go anywhere!

Link Removed

Maybe it's just me but that looks like an AD waiting to happen.

As for the original question, pocket knife clipped on pocket, keys on belt loop, other stuff in pockets. Like defender829 I carry no change and donate what I get back from purchases.

I try to carry very little in pockets other than wallet as I tend to wear a hole in the pocket and stuff falls on the ground.

Sorry.

This holster won't keep your weapon clean, and dirt and lint can cause a malfuntion

Get a holster that protects the weapon from both dirt and lint from your clothes

Wallet holsters that disguise the gun and still allow it to function are controlled as nfa items. You do not want to be in possession of both the wallet and gun without a tax stamp. I believe they are aow's

-Matt

Lint and dirt are unavoidable with pocket carry. Regular cleaning is a must. I make my own holsters, one for the handgun, the other for the magazine. I wear cargo style 95% of the time, so I keep my knife, wallet, keys, and phone in there. If i'm not wearing cargo style, I don't carry the second mag. My p238 is primarily a bug.

I carry little or no change. A multitool (Leatherman) in a sheath is usually on my belt, or a small knife is in a pocket.
With cargo pants you can carry what you like: Cell phone, ammo, kitchen sink, etc.
Cargo pants sounds like an interesting way around the problem, but I figured that the pocket holster worked by gripping the pocket. Is that a problem with cargo pants (I obviously don't wear them, yet).

I'm looking for a holster for my p238 that covers everything but the grip and not the wallet shaped ones. Any suggestions with pics if possible?

Right now I'm using a small sock to keep my p238 in my pocket so no dirt or lint gets in the gun. Also I don't want the gun to get scratched when I lay it down

Usa007:226652 said:
I'm looking for a holster for my p238 that covers everything but the grip and not the wallet shaped ones. Any suggestions with pics if possible?

Something like this?

Usa007:226653 said:
Right now I'm using a small sock to keep my p238 in my pocket so no dirt or lint gets in the gun. Also I don't want the gun to get scratched when I lay it down

Does that work? I clean mine at least once a week to get the lint out.

If you plan on carrying any gun for self defense everyday, you can try and keep it mint, but it is near impossible. If you want to keep the gun in prime condition, put it in a padded box. EDC will show it's wear eventually.

I can always make room for my S&W AirLite titanium 340PD .38 in a DeSantis nylon pocket holster. I have to put my keys, petty cash and Spyderco all in the weak hand pocket together. It's a burden I can bear. I'm too old for cut-offs now any way. With the pleated front shorts I'm good in any social scenario for the entire summer season.

You might want to check out Remora. They are good for pocket or IWB. They are sticky. There are no "attachments for IWB. You can place them anywhere and in any orientation you want. Look at their videos. I have a couple of them and they seem to actually do what they say. I have not used them much. Summer, so a large pistol IWB is contraindicated. The one for the pocket, I am waiting for my Boberg SR9s. It is too big to try with my Walter Model 9.

Link Removed

What is the point of that holster?!? Doesn't cover the trigger to prevent accidental discharge. Doesn't protect the gun from pocket lint or anything else you might have find its way into the pocket. It doesn't really even hide the look of a ugn in your pocket. I wouldn't even call that a holster.

As for the original quest, ive been wondering the same thing recently. I have an iphone in one pocket by itself or with some loose cash, receipts ect... (non metal stuff). The other fornt pocket has keys, box cutter for work, pen, change and generally a stray receipt or something. If i were to pocket carry, i would need my keys, phone, and gun in seperate pockets.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back