If the assault weapon ban returned, what would you buy?

DarrellM5

If the assault weapons ban was on the verge of being reinstated, as H.R. 1022 proposes, what items would you purchase?

Obviously, if a person wants one of the firearms specifically banned, they would buy one before it goes into effect.

I love AR15's, so if I purchased some stripped lowers, telescoping stocks and lots of extra mags, would I be able to buy the rest of the stuff needed to build full rifles post ban?

Any other suggestions for things to stock up on?

HK4U

Don't know. Money is limitied. If I could afford it i would like to have a Sig rifle. From what I have read it has some of the best features/qualities of the Ar15 and the AK. I would also like to have a Springfield SOCOM.

NDS

If the assault weapons ban was on the verge of being reinstated, as H.R. 1022 proposes, what items would you purchase?

Any other suggestions for things to stock up on?

I know I can't afford it, but my pickup is paid for and I could finance it for enough to buy this:

http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifle_82.aspx

I'd hate to have a car payment again though...BUT, I'd truly love to have one of these.

Any links to cheap ammo? No...? I didn't think so.

Cooter

Liberty or Death
I always wanted a Dragunov. That would be the kick in the pants to go get one, I think.

Cooter

Liberty or Death
I actually rethinked that one. I would deffinetly go with a Sig 556.
My AR15 mags would work for two rifles then.

Red Hat

I'd nave to go with Ammo also. I have enough firearms but they are useless without ammo. Also I'd buy up powder, primers and brass. I can cast hard lead bullets for anything I shoot.

DarrellM5

I was checking out the Sig 556 in Reno yesterday. Wow, that's a nice gun. They had them in stock at Cabelas and Sportsmans Warehouse. Cabelas only had one but Sportsmans had about a half dozen. None of them were the SWAT model. One of Sportsmans had the folding stock and another one had a really nice optical sight made by Sig (at least their name is on it ). I'm thinking about one but it's difficult to justify when my Rock River Entry Tac AR-15 works so well.

I think ammo and reloading supplies is a very good choice as well.

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
If they are banned again...

Any HK91, CETME, or HK clone (PTR 91 preferred) It must have an evil bayonet lug, evil hi-cap mag, be BLACK, oh and have an evil pistol grip:icon_evil:

murph50

For me:
Stocking up on ammo and reloading components is a constant and no sale gets by me.
I like having more than 1 gun for every caliber that I shoot. If a gun takes a turn for the worse--I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of ammo that I can't shoot. The old addage--2 is 1 and 1 is none.
I need a couple more guns that shoot 7.62 x 39 and .223/5.56.

jaymoe

Ruger Lady - You can still purchase an AR-15 or an AK-47 (and others) in NYS as long as the rifle doesn't have certain "evil" characteristics. Also, you can buy a full-blown "evil" rifle that was manufactured before September 1994 for a considerable premium. Check this out:

Link Removed

An "assault weapon" means (a) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon; (iii) a bayonet mount; (iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; (v) a grenade launcher

Just make sure you get a rifle without a telescoping or folding stock, no bayonet lug and no flash suppressor. Then you can get a rifle with a pistol grip (like most "assault weapons"), a detatchable mag (like ALL "assault weapons") and a muzzle brake (instead of an evil flash suppressor).

The retards that wrote this law have no clue. I can't wait for someone to kill someone else with a dreaded telescoping stock!

EDIT: THESE RULES DO NOT APPLY TO THE 5 BOROUGHS OF NEW YORK CITY. THERE ARE ONLY A HANDFUL OF SEMI-AUTO RIFLES THAT ARE LEGAL IN NEW YORK CITY SUCH AS THE RUGER 10/22, RUGER MINI-14 AND MINI-30.

Last edited:

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
I would buy an Ar-15, and AK-47, an Intratec 9, and a Mac 10. While I'm at it, I would also buy 20 and 30 round magazines for all of them.

Brainchild

You can get a Romanian Dragunov for about $700. It's not the special "pure" Russian one,but it is a Dragunov.I have fired one.It feels pretty good...but I couldn't figure the scope out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlynn610