Idpa

willyNH

If you haven't seen it, shot it, or even heard of it, you should check it out. If you carry a handgun, you should strongly consider trying it. Internaitonal Defensive Pistol Association matches are a fantastic, exciting, and most importantly safe way to become familiar with your carry firearm.

There are many venues in CNY to enjoy this type of competition, and it is only as competitive as you want it to be. I live in the Cortland area, 1/2 hour south of Syracuse and shoot local matches in Groton, NY at the Cortland Pistol Club. www.cortlandpistolclub.com.

The next IDPA match is Saturday 5/10/08. Shooting starts at 10AM for the morning squad so you should show up around 9:30 to get checked in and prep at the safety table. Cost is ~$10 for non-members. If you've never shot it before, contact the club safety officer to get a safety briefing. Everyone with a pistol license is welcome to shoot, and anyone with eye/ear protection is welcome to watch.

Other places nearby that shoot IDPA are the Pine City Sportsmen's Club near Binghampton, NY. I am looking for other places to shoot as well, so if you have a club you enjoy shooting at, I would love to join you.

Safe shooting,
-Matt

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back