Identity Politics will destroy Democrats

niceshootintex

This VA Governor's race is probably over after this ad. After the whole Deplorables and Irredeemables idiocy which DID shift the Presidential race for Independents towards Trump, they're actually going to double down by painting all Gillespie voters as racists?

Don't they do a critique or a lessons learned after a year of getting their clocks cleaned? Do they have an actual leadership component or are they just flying solo with this attack? Its disgusting and fatally flawed on so many levels.

They can attack policies but attacking voters (especially undecided ones) is a deranged strategy. This is a seriously flawed political party with no message. No serious message.

https://twitter.com/latinovictoryus/status/924972736996364289

The Place to Be

Oldgrunt

One can only hope the Democrat Party crashes and burns. When they have to intimidate kids in an obvious effort for propaganda, it is time for them to close shop. If the Latinos are so dissatisfied, they can always go back to Mexico or other countries. Bet you will not see that happen however, things are too good here for them to leave.

XD40scinNC

One can only hope the Democrat Party crashes and burns. When they have to intimidate kids in an obvious effort for propaganda, it is time for them to close shop. If the Latinos are so dissatisfied, they can always go back to Mexico or other countries. Bet you will not see that happen however, things are too good here for them to leave.

vs. deporting people brought to this country by their parents as small children to a country they know nothing about, or even remember?

Using your analogy, why did you not go back to England or whatever country your ancestors came from while you were 'dissatisfied' by the Obama/democratic agenda?

Oldgrunt

vs. deporting people brought to this country by their parents as small children to a country they know nothing about, or even remember?

Using your analogy, why did you not go back to England or whatever country your ancestors came from while you were 'dissatisfied' by the Obama/democratic agenda?

You know we are supposed to be a land of laws. If they wanted to be here, they should have completed the process like others. Immigration has to be regulated and, when the regulation starts, some people will scream and shout because they are caught in a mess of their own making. Why, in all the time they have been here, didn't they do something to legalize their status?

My ancestors came here in 1750 from Germany and their status was legal. I, on the other hand, was born here and I damn sure would not leave because of Obama. Now you are trying to compare apples and oranges just for argument's sake. Ain't gonna do it!

XD40scinNC

You know we are supposed to be a land of laws. If they wanted to be here, they should have completed the process like others. Immigration has to be regulated and, when the regulation starts, some people will scream and shout because they are caught in a mess of their own making. Why, in all the time they have been here, didn't they do something to legalize their status?

My ancestors came here in 1750 from Germany and their status was legal. I, on the other hand, was born here and I damn sure would not leave because of Obama. Now you are trying to compare apples and oranges just for argument's sake. Ain't gonna do it!

And exactly how is a child of 3 or 4 or 5 supposed to do this?

They have been following the rules as stipulated under DACA only to find that following the rules stipulated by our government is as worthless as the hair spray on your dear leader's hair.

Oldgrunt

And exactly how is a child of 3 or 4 or 5 supposed to do this?

They have been following the rules as stipulated under DACA only to find that following the rules stipulated by our government is as worthless as the hair spray on your dear leader's hair.

XD: The fault lies with the parents. They have committed the crime of coming here illegally and, unfortunately, the children have to bear the misfortunes of their parent's actions. Where do you make a cut-off point? As I said, when the regulations are enforced, people will scream and shout. Life is cruel sometimes but there has to be a point when we enforce our laws, regardless. Asi' es la vida! Lo siento!

XD40scinNC

XD: The fault lies with the parents. They have committed the crime of coming here illegally and, unfortunately, the children have to bear the misfortunes of their parent's actions. Where do you make a cut-off point? As I said, when the regulations are enforced, people will scream and shout. Life is cruel sometimes but there has to be a point when we enforce our laws, regardless. Asi' es la vida! Lo siento!

Had your father failed to pay his taxes, and the government garnished YOUR wages to pay them when you became an adult, you would be good with that? No there IS a cut off point, and that same cutoff should should apply to these people brought here by their parents.

Unlike North Korea we do not subscribe to the "three generation" punishment rule that exists there, but you and trump are advocating similar insanity.

Oldgrunt

Had your father failed to pay his taxes, and the government garnished YOUR wages to pay them when you became an adult, you would be good with that? No there IS a cut off point, and that same cutoff should should apply to these people brought here by their parents.

Unlike North Korea we do not subscribe to the "three generation" punishment rule that exists there, but you and trump are advocating similar insanity.

XD: Old hoss, when you figure out the answer to this problem, please let the government in on it since no one else has figured it out yet. Don't forget, while the government is trying to handle one set of problem families, others are coming into the country faster than those being forced to leave. The decision is difficult but it has to be made. Maybe you aren't able to make the hard decisions that are needed but someone has to. There has to be a stopping point, whether we like it or not. Otherwise the "world without borders group" will have won and we will no longer have sovereignty of our land. What ever is said about Trump, he does have the cajones to make a necessary decision.

niceshootintex

The difference between immigration now and immigration comes down to two distinctly different issues. The idea that you would illegally immigrate to the US was an anomoly not even 40 years ago. It was done legally or not at all in the great majority of cases.

The second part is the piece on chain immigration. If a person became a LEGAL citizen it did not include their whole family, the adults had to gain citizenship, except the immediate family's children. Kids? Covered.

Illegal immigration and the associated insane chain immigration concept where uncles, aunts, cousins, in law's, grandparents etc... all come along for the ride is just BS. My great grandparents and my grandparents had MANY relatives that either didn't want to go to the US or wanted to and didn't want to go through the immigration process and they all lived "in the Old Country". We visit them, they visit us, 👏, call it a day.

DACA was illegal. The courts said so. We do have immigration laws and they should be followed. No exceptions.

It's now this POTUS's job to uneff this mess. I am open to hearing what the "solution" is because it's going to affect millions of people. I am pretty certain I won't like the outcome but as long as it's law, I'll eat the crap sandwich. What's my option? I actually obey laws. Chuck Schumer voted for these existing laws that we can't seem to follow. He has selective memory as do liberals in general.

The Place to Be

XD40scinNC

XD: Old hoss, when you figure out the answer to this problem, please let the government in on it since no one else has figured it out yet. Don't forget, while the government is trying to handle one set of problem families, others are coming into the country faster than those being forced to leave. The decision is difficult but it has to be made. Maybe you aren't able to make the hard decisions that are needed but someone has to. There has to be a stopping point, whether we like it or not. Otherwise the "world without borders group" will have won and we will no longer have sovereignty of our land. What ever is said about Trump, he does have the cajones to make a necessary decision.

Punishing those brought here as children and without a choice is not the solution, unless of course you subscribe to the level of human rights oppression found in NK, Syria and a few other countries run by mad men.

opsspec1991

Punishing those brought here as children and without a choice is not the solution, unless of course you subscribe to the level of human rights oppression found in NK, Syria and a few other countries run by mad men.

Answer this, if a illegal family sneaks into a, say a NFL game and are sitting in a set of seats that have been paid for by another family and the illegal family are told to leave, are their children allowed to stay? Same thing with DACA. Yes those DACA children aren't the criminals, but their average age is 27 now and if they were so committed, why haven't the vast majority of them have not submitted paperwork to become a legal citizen, they've had more than enough time to accomplish that task.

S&W29

Banned
Ops doesn't have facts...so he has to stretch pathetic analogies. See his post on the Diversity Visa Program....he has no problems with politicizing a tragedy now....Unlike a month ago when he was all over Hillary Clinton.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Link Removed

G50AE

Actually it is written into the U.S. Constitution that in no case should the punishment for a crime demand "corruption of blood".

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexander