Idea???

spf159753

DELETE This Please !!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I like to keep a low profile, hence why I'll provide my "real name" to only a select few. You've got a good idea, but if any of my friends "out" me by posting my name "Gerald P. Imanaka", I'm gonna be quite upset. :nono:

All kidding aside, I wouldn't want my name posted on here. I realize I have a bunch of my photos. Don't want to give away too many pieces of the puzzle. :wink: Maybe you could preserve some of their anonymity by not posting their full name, maybe rank, first initial, last name, duty station and date of service, like "SSG J. Smith, CP Carroll, Korea June '94 - April '95".

gf

Last edited:
Couple of points, we use handles to post like truckers use theirs to commo/CB, it is more neutral/safer. Member joins from say Washington, lists his name as John Q. Doe living in Airway Heights, 99224, and FLAMES me, my Mom BAD and does a Liquid-Gag with Adobe Photoshop [for Trolls edition]. I get meltdown mad and f-ing AYE he is listed by road and 12 mins drive away, I lock & load and I proceed to drive myself over to his hooch and commit a murder-1, so mug shots and too much presonal stuff is risky, plus it profiles you to your local LEO's who may or may not give a hoot, but sure will know you pack as will the millons of guests who drop by USA Carry daily we never see but they read our posts, and the final part of the triad is OPSEC, there are some ex-military mates of mine who by virtue of ther jobs did some life taking, M.P. to Infantrymen, I do not want to screw their pooch with out their even knowing that say the brother of a perp a CID agent dropped in a drug bust now knows where he can get revenge.
Not blowing the idea away, much more easy way of looking up old M8's is they can be found on serveral web-site where military post their real name, units and the works, others log on and find old M8's that's all these sites do most for free and I know of a few ending in .mil where retirees and DOD civilians can locate exacly where a M8 is and what they are doing, allowing contact (if wanted) in a VERY secure DOD run cyber environment, here is one: Link Removed
DO NOT EVEN TRY ENTRY THERE UNLESS YOU ARE A MILITARY RETIREE OR DOD CIVILIAN or you may find ABC's all over your cyber world!
Good Luck.

Canis-Lupus

Couple of points, we use handles to post like truckers use theirs to commo/CB, it is more neutral/safer. Member joins from say Washington, lists his name as John Q. Doe living in Airway Heights, 99224, and FLAMES me, my Mom BAD and does a Liquid-Gag with Adobe Photoshop [for Trolls edition]. I get meltdown mad and f-ing AYE he is listed by road and 12 mins drive away, I lock & load and I proceed to drive myself over to his hooch and commit a murder-1, so mug shots and too much presonal stuff is risky, plus it profiles you to your local LEO's who may or may not give a hoot, but sure will know you pack as will the millons of guests who drop by USA Carry daily we never see but they read our posts, and the final part of the triad is OPSEC, there are some ex-military mates of mine who by virtue of ther jobs did some life taking, M.P. to Infantrymen, I do not want to screw their pooch with out their even knowing that say the brother of a perp a CID agent dropped in a drug bust now knows where he can get revenge.
Not blowing the idea away, much more easy way of looking up old M8's is they can be found on serveral web-site where military post their real name, units and the works, others log on and find old M8's that's all these sites do most for free and I know of a few ending in .mil where retirees and DOD civilians can locate exacly where a M8 is and what they are doing, allowing contact (if wanted) in a VERY secure DOD run cyber environment, here is one: Link Removed
DO NOT EVEN TRY ENTRY THERE UNLESS YOU ARE A MILITARY RETIREE OR DOD CIVILIAN or you may find ABC's all over your cyber world!
Good Luck.

Canis-Lupus

Great points C-L. I've located several folks I've known since BCT back in '91. What puzzles me is that we all went through BCT a the same time, so if my calculations are right, we should all be hitting our 20 years in 2010. Many of these folks are listed as "retired". I realize that folks may have retired due to medical conditions, but out of my company, I've found 12. That would be almost 10% . That's a lot of folks.

gf

SP I wouldn't say it was a bad idea, just maybe not appropriate for this type of board. There are military boards available for anyone that doesn't mind some personal info being posted. Some wish to remain somewhat anonymous and I understand that.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back