Idaho proposes Constitutional Carry law

Stiofan

Link Removed

From the NRA:

As of President’s Day, the Idaho Senate had introduced Senate Bill 1126 and assigned it to the State Affairs Committee. Commonly known as Permitless Carry legislation, this bill would amend the existing concealed carry law to allow law-abiding Idahoans to carry a concealed firearm without the burdensome requirement of acquiring an Idaho carry permit. The approval of this pivotal legislation would bode well for law-abiding citizens of Idaho who wish to protect not only themselves but family and friends alike.

In Idaho today it is generally legal to carry a firearm openly as long as one is at least 18 years of age and not prohibited from possessing a firearm. However, if the firearm becomes covered with a coat, or if a woman prefers to carry a firearm in her purse, one needs to possess a concealed carry permit. The intent of this legislation is to give honest people the greatest possible freedom to choose the best method of carry for them, based on attire, gender, and/or physical attributes.

Please contact the members of the Senate State Affairs Committee TODAY and respectfully urge them to support SB 1126!

Senate State Affairs Committee

Senator Curt McKenzie (R-12), Chairman

Phone: (208) 332-1326

[email protected]

Senator Russell M. Fulcher (R-21), Vice Chairman

[email protected]

Senator Bart M. Davis (R-33)

(208) 332-1305

[email protected]

Senator Brent Hill (R-34)

(208) 332-1300

[email protected]

Senator John McGee (R-10)

(208) 332-1304

[email protected]

Senator Chuck Winder (R-14)

(208) 332-1354

[email protected]

Senator Patti Anne Lodge (R-13)

[email protected]

Senator Edgar J. Malepeai (D-30)

(208) 332-1406

[email protected]

Senator Michelle Stennett (D-25)

(208) 332-1353

[email protected]

Any Idahoan is urged to send a short email to the above State Senators in support of the above bill.

More good news. Every state that moves this way is good for the entire nation.

There are bills here to allow Constitutional carry but I doubt they have much of a future.

I have 2 questions. Would the law as proposed still alow for permits to be issued for reciprocity? And would Idaho still have non-resident permits?

I think it would be great if they would pass this but there is one problem I can see with it. Like any state, Idaho is going to have to make up for the money they loose on issuing CWL's. That would mean they would have to put some kind of special tax on guns and ammo to make up for they're losses. This would still be a good bill to pass.

Actually I would still purchase a CCW if Idaho passes unrestricted conceal carry such as the Constitutional Carry Legislation. There are several reasons to obtain an Idaho CCW. One it would still allow me to conceal carry in states which Idaho has reciprocity agreements. Secondly if I decide to purchase a firearm and present an Idaho CCW permit it is an instant sale with no FBI check or wait period. And God forbid I encounter a situation where I must use a handgun for self protection. If the circumstances of an instance are questionable and the case goes before a court, the possession of a CCW demonstrates responsibility. A jury is more likely to side with an individual who has taken the time to obtain a CCW as opposed to some thug packing a gun.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back