Idaho gets an F+ grade from the Brady campaign

DrDavidM

I am sure the Idaho residents are very upset with this score. It did, however, happen two years ago. It appears to be still going well for them though. It's always nice to hear the support of the second amendment

ps I probably put this is the wrong forum

http://www.idahopress.com/news/?id=1789

Last edited:
Brady Campaign Rating!

Anyone who gets an F+ rating from the Brady Bunch has to be my kind of folks. I think they should try for a solid "F" the next time around. The "+" from the Brady Bunch has to mean they are doing some minor things wrong!

Seems to me that Idaho has pretty low crime... matter of fact, it's a mysterious correlation for any state between the Brady grade and crime rate. Better grade, higher crime.

The old whore is sneaky... obviously the point isn't to fight crime, it's to fight freedom.

Sarah Brady is a Freedom Fighter!... I need that on a t-shirt!

I would consider that as a bage of honor. I think they rate my state of Texas pretty low also. I would give them an F- for grey matter.

Anyone who gets an F+ rating from the Brady Bunch has to be my kind of folks. I think they should try for a solid "F" the next time around. The "+" from the Brady Bunch has to mean they are doing some minor things wrong!

Why not go for it all and shoot for (pun intended) an F-. That can be done by repealing the requirement that a permit be obtained to carry a concealed weapon. Let's give 'em hell!

Idaho

Sounds like if I ever tire of living in the Ozarks, Idaho may be a contender, sounds like my kind of folks.:)

I grew up in Idaho, its an extremely gun friendly state. I would gather the '+' is probably because they forbid concealed carry in schools within the state. I'm sure that made the Brady Bunch midly happy. Otherwise, Idaho is completely friendly when it comes to our kind of enjoyment. Two weeks before Columbine, I remember seeing three students bringing their black powder weapons into a high school, with permission, for a history demonstration. Too bad many folks can't see the differences these days.

When my wife and I were looking for a state to settle in I went to the Brady Bunch website. The lower the "grade" the more desireable. We ended up in WA due to my being re-hired by a major manufacturer of airliners (you get 3 guesses who that is). WA gets a D+. I guess it's that high because of the laws against minors buying handguns. Other than that the best grade is D- on pre-emption and the rest are F. We lived in TX which got a D- for 3 years. Love that SHALL issue!! Upon returning to WA from TX my CCW was still valid and I renewed it. No machine guns, but I can't afford one anyway.

I Love Idaho

It's on my short list for retirement consideration.

About three years ago, I had a situation where someone tried to get the police to "notice" me because I carried. Fortunately, I had a rational Sheriff's Deputy involved who pointed out that if I had a permit he wasn't worried. He went on to tell the person that he only worried about people without permits carrying guns. Then he invited me to step out to my car and get my firearm (I had locked it in the trunk) even though I was standing in a Sheriff's station with a courthouse in the other end of the building. No, I don't think he was setting me up. In fact, he and a couple of other deputies said I was welcome to come back for hunting and fishing with them in western Idaho (Hells Canyon area).

Keep up the good work!

Next grading period we are all expecting you to get it "down/up" to an F, or, better yet, an F-!

Well, we do have laws about juveniles possessing and buying guns. I don't have a problem with someone of any age using a gun, as long as they're supervised by an adult, of course. I'll pass on allowing juveniles to buy guns, though. I'm not entirely sure what "Child Access Law" means - it should really just be the same as unsupervised possession.

The other stuff is total crap...counties may enact laws about background checks for private purchases at gun shows - although to my knowledge, only Miami does. This makes for a D and a D+, which IMO is double...?

I am pretty sure

that the Child Access Law section refers to the requirement that the gun be secured in a safe or lockbox (the states with these requirements have regulations defining the approved devices which may also include some cable/trigger lock systems) in the gun-owners residence. Notice on the sites (and in the stores) that sell gunsafes many models are mentioned to meet certain state statutes. In several states it is another charge if there is a child-involved shooting (shooter not the victim) and leads to building a negligence case against the parent/owner/resident gun-owner residing at that home. It probably could also be used in a couple of places if the owner were stupid enough to just pull it off their belt and lay it down on a tabletop or tuck it inside a folded coat somewhere.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back