Idaho Enhanced Concealed Weapons permit

Willy Pete

Idaho's Enhanced Concealed Weapons permit is now recognized by, in addition to those states recognizing the "classic" CWP, New Mexico and Nevada. More to come.

Wow, this is good to know I have all the states that I need but none of the ones I have Nevada in not included the AZ non-resident use to reconized them but not no more. I go to Nevada a lot, well the wife and I have time share that we like going to so I will look into getting one from Idaho.

Idaho Enhanced

Idaho's Enhanced Concealed Weapons permit is now recognized by, in addition to those states recognizing the "classic" CWP, New Mexico and Nevada. More to come.

So I an a registered Idaho enhanced CWL instructor. So in addition to New Mexico and Nevada it is also recognized in South Carolina, and Wyoming for now lets hope much more to come!

Have more than one permit and plan on going to Idaho to get non-resident enhanced permit in near future. Have all forms in hand.

I just spoke with the WA Attorney General's office, they are now recognizing Idaho's Enhanced Concealed Weapons Permit. Now if we can just get Oregon on board.

Link Removed

My son now lives in Idaho; I am stuck in the People's Republic of CA for now. Does a Non-Resident have to possess a CCW in their home state to get the enhanced permit? Are there any out of state instructors approved?

The enhanced permit is a joke. I already have an Idaho permit which means I have past the back ground check and all of that, so it should be good in any state. But no, they want me to pay to be lectured by some idiot for a few hours, then waste more money to shoot just under a hundred rounds of ammo just to get there enhanced permit. Nothing but a way to get more money out of you.

The enhanced permit is a joke. . . Nothing but a way to get more money out of you.

That's ridiculous. The enhanced concealed was designed to meet the most stringent standards of CWPs throughout the 50 states so that it would be recognized by as many of those states as possible. You can complain that your standard Idaho CWP should be accepted nationwide, and you're right. Hell, I don't think you should need a license to carry anywhere. But right doesn't make it legal many states where the requirements of your standard Idaho license are less than theirs. If you want to meet a more demanding threshold and carry in more places, this is one way to do it.

In addition to New Mexico, Nevada, West Virginia, So Carolina and Washington, are there other states that now accept Idaho's enhanced version? Anyone know of any changes since the above posts? Although we check with each state before crossing, these maps sure simplify route planning.

According to the ISP website, Virginia now recognizes the enhanced only permit. And according to the supreme court, Washington DC will now recognize any permit. (good luck with that). That should take us to 36 states plus (good luck) DC.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back