IA DOT harasses retiree with CCW

Wow--Wiegand sounds like a seriously disturbed and dangerous person. That he has a badge and gun to back it up is seriously frightening.

The man needs to be stripped of his police powers and treated. He is a danger to society. :fie:

I am not familar with the laws in Iowa but does DOT stand for Department of Transportation have a legal authority to pull anyone over? Maybe they are the state police in Iowa.

Wow--Wiegand sounds like a seriously disturbed and dangerous person. That he has a badge and gun to back it up is seriously frightening.

The man needs to be stripped of his police powers and treated. He is a danger to society. :fie:

Wiegand has no clue about the firearms laws in Missouri!

Carl was perfectly legal to travel anywhere in Missouri with a loaded handgun concealed in his vehicle, without a permit.

If I were a DOT Officer, I would either learn the law or shut my yap!

Wiegand has no clue about the firearms laws in Missouri!

Carl was perfectly legal to travel anywhere in Missouri with a loaded handgun concealed in his vehicle, without a permit.

If I were a DOT Officer, I would either learn the law or shut my yap!

Uhhh... My understanding is that he was in Iowa. Nothing about MO...

Uhhh... My understanding is that he was in Iowa. Nothing about MO...

You apparently don't know where he was coming from. He had just came out of Missouri, from a Texas vacation.

I know what I'm talking about, I live about 25 miles from where he was harrassed!

The DOT Cop had spouted off to Carl about laws in other states and how he was lucky he hadn't be arrested.

UPDATE:
The officer in question is now the subject, along with IDOT, of a civil suit brought by a seventy one year old semi driver whose story is that four years ago this officer repeatedly pistol whipped him. David Howard of SD spent that night in jail but the next morning in court a Henry County ( IA) judge took one look at him and dismissed the charge of insutling a law enforcement officer....

Subsequent discussions between Mr Howard and IDOT went nowhere and four years agao the Henry County Attorney refused to take the officer and IDOT to court.

Now ---four years later--- Mr. Howard has again filed suit against Officer Wiegand and IDOT....
The Assistant Iowa Attorney General immediately came forward with a motion to dismiss, which appears to be still under review by a Henry County judge.

Link Removed

Link Removed

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/57574597.html

A legal fund has been established to help Mr. Howard pay his bills

http://www.friendsofdavidhoward.wordpress.com

Even letters of support would be helful for Mr. Howard. It is important that this go to court so that ALL SIDES are considered and the truth will be heard, and Mr. Howard is to be commended for his tenacity.

I always refuse LEOs when they ask to search my car. And some of them just about have a heart attack. And they threaten a lot of things, but they do back off. And it always seems they say the samething, "If you have nothing to hide you would let me search." I always tell them the samething, "I have nothng to hide and no you still can not search."

I always refuse LEOs when they ask to search my car.

How many times have you been stopped and why?? I have been driving for over 50+ years and have never been stopped.

If asked I would ask why. Then no you cannot search.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back