IA DOT harasses retiree with CCW

Thank you Glockster 20.
Truth Seeker and one other individual have been over on the Iowa Defense Alliance website making nasty comments and vague threats against us. After checking URL info we believe these posters may be related to the officer in question. or as you suggest maybe the officer himself. We also heard from one of the reporters of this story that a member of the officer's family has phoned him up and harassed ansd sworn at him.

Sorry but that is irrelevant in this case. This case alleges an overly aggressive officer (possibly you) that violated a citizens Constitutional Rights. Having been a reserve deputy myself I know full well what you can and can't do... If the allegations are true, then this officer is actually a threat to his department and the citizens he is sworn to protect. At the very least, their should be an internal investigation. The officer in question should also be suspended w/pay until the investigation yields it's findings. If indeed officer Weigand violated these folks Constitutional rights, then his employment with the State of Iowa should be teminated and his certification revoked.

I hate to say it glock but it sounds to me from reading all the links and other cases. While this one officer may have been the reason it came to light for the Gen public to see and read about. I would have to say it's the WHOLE DEPARTMENT that is a threat to the PUBLIC. It's police officers/departments like this that make peoples worst fears about cops come true. It makes people want to run from the cops. As well as make the real bad guys more ready to come out shooting. As for a investigation if it's being run by that department i would not trust it or the out come. They need to contact the FBI and have them open a investigation into the officer/the department as a whole. On top of that Contact the State polic and have them open a investigation on them as well. It's Not a crime to CALL 911 when your pulled over and ask for another unit to come out so you feel safe. The IDOT says they have the power to pull you over for no reason. So remember pull over in a public area. Second if your being pulled over in your town by them. Call 911 and tell them whats going on and ask for them to send out a local unit as back up. Most of the time you will know the local cops and they will cover you if the IDOT trys to do any thing not legal. Then when the report comes out if the IDOT cop tryed to fill it with lies the local cop can come to court and tell it like it really happend. If need be set up your own Sting operation outfit a car with CCV Cams and rig your self with some as well. Get the whole thing on tape with voice, then send it to the state police/local police/new stations and above all the FBI..

As for e-mailing his boss i see no point in that. As it seems clear that he does not care what is officers do and or turns a blind eye to their actions.

We heard from another person that we should have dialled 911. That's actually a good idea, we would have felt a lot safer if there had been another officer around.

Do we really want to contact the FBI???

We believe that Truth Seeker is somehow related to the officer who pulled us over. Truth Seeker has been "stalking" us on various sites. But we don't mind. Truth Seeker's comments speak for themselves!

Last edited:
We heard from another person that we should have dialled 911. That's actually a good idea, we would have felt a lot safer if there had been another officer around.

Do we really want to contact the FBI???

We believe that Truth Seeker is somehow related to the officer who pulled us over. Truth Seeker has been "stalking" us on various sites. But we don't mind. Truth Seeker's comments speak for themselves!

Yes you really want to contact the FBI. They will do a investigating and or sting operation. Get all the people together and cantact them. The FBI is great at getting bad/dirty cops/departments put away. Also get a lawyer and all the other people together and start a class action lawsuit against the said cops and the department as a whole. When the state see that they may have to pay up a large sum of money. They may just wake up and make things right. Also file a Civ suit against the said officer. Contact the IDOLE (iowa department of law enforcement) If you have one in that state. I think you don't and you need to contact the IDOPS (Iowa Department of Public Safety) Iowa Department of Public Safety maybe something in there that will help. Call the governor and let him/her know whats going on and ask them to do something. Set up a face to face meeting with them. Talk with the news station maybe they have a investigation team that can do a story on the department/ the officer. They would have all the Cams and other gear needed for that.

do you have first hand knowledge of a situation like this that the FBI cleaned up?
After our expereince we are finding it difficult to trust ANYBODY

In all due respect to LEO's in every state, there are some Department of Transportation, Motor Vehicle Enforcement, etc officers that are doing that because they can't get on with the State Police or Highway Patrol and sometimes they are pretty uptight, especially if they feel that their knowlege of the law or their autority to uphold it is questioned. I know I am generalizing with that statement but at least that is how it seems in KY. KY's MVE officers are seen pulling cars over on the highways more than trucks, which is actually their primary responsibility (regulation of trucking laws, etc). Just my opinion on it.

In all due respect to LEO's in every state, there are some Department of Transportation, Motor Vehicle Enforcement, etc officers that are doing that because they can't get on with the State Police or Highway Patrol and sometimes they are pretty uptight, especially if they feel that their knowlege of the law or their autority to uphold it is questioned. I know I am generalizing with that statement but at least that is how it seems in KY. KY's MVE officers are seen pulling cars over on the highways more than trucks, which is actually their primary responsibility (regulation of trucking laws, etc). Just my opinion on it.

OK I may be wrong here and this could vary by state....but I do not believe they have the authority to pull over a non commercial vehicle, their powers are some what limited....

OK I may be wrong here and this could vary by state....but I do not believe they have the authority to pull over a non commercial vehicle, their powers are some what limited....

Definately varies by state... Some DOT officers have full arrest powers and others may not. In my state, CVE (commercial vehicle enforcement) falls under the Department of Public Safety. All the officers in CVE are state troopers with full arrest powers.

Definately varies by state... Some DOT officers have full arrest powers and others may not. In my state, CVE (commercial vehicle enforcement) falls under the Department of Public Safety. All the officers in CVE are state troopers with full arrest powers.

Which means they must drive a marked state police vehicle wear a state police uniform, and not just some unmarked car that has a plain generic DOT enforcement sticker and plain clothes....

Our State police officers also do DOT duties but there are unmarked cars with DOT only officers out there... The only ID is a DOT enforcement sticker on the side with non uniformed drivers....

If I were on the road and a vehicle that was not properly marked tried to pull me over, with plain clothed people inside... I would automatically assume they are trying to car jack me and act in a appropriate manner for the threat...

True story, we have cop wanna Be's out there and I have seen multiple times where a "Bounty Hunter" will go and buy a DE commissioned police car to drive, they have been known to try and play cop on more than one occasion and these are just a few of the people you need to be on the look out for when out and about....

Which means they must drive a marked state police vehicle wear a state police uniform, and not just some unmarked car that has a plain generic DOT enforcement sticker and plain clothes....

Our State police officers also do DOT duties but there are unmarked cars with DOT only officers out there... The only ID is a DOT enforcement sticker on the side with non uniformed drivers....

If I were on the road and a vehicle that was not properly marked tried to pull me over, with plain clothed people inside... I would automatically assume they are trying to car jack me and act in a appropriate manner for the threat...

True story, we have cop wanna Be's out there and I have seen multiple times where a "Bounty Hunter" will go and buy a DE commissioned police car to drive, they have been known to try and play cop on more than one occasion and these are just a few of the people you need to be on the look out for when out and about....

You are correct. They mostly drive fully marked expeditions and occasionally the ole Crown Vic. The SUV's are marked but do not have a lightbar on top. All warning lights are blue and located inside these vehicles and some in the grill. The officers are uniformed state troopers...

That officer needs to be disciplined and re-educated/re-trained. No one should be treated the way you were treated!

We suggested to IDOT director Nancy Richardson that from what we've seen and heard, her entire agency needs to be investigated from the outside....Her response to a request for information from the Hawkeye reporter has been to shut him down completely on any facts concerning the investigation IDOT has supposedly been conducting on Officer Wiegand. She cites that under Iowa law IDOT cannot reveal anything to the general public, but we are all searching for that law, she could be somewhat off base or else we just can't find the law, we would like to know if it exists.

REQUEST FOR IDOT TO BE INVESTIGATED Link Removed

You can read the full text of our letter to the IDOT director here IDOT SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED BY AN OUTSIDE AGENCY Iowa Defense Alliance

There are new allegations, MUCH MORE SERIOUS THAN OURS, against the officer who harrrassed us. We hope the state of Iowa does something about this man because he is certainly not giving law enforcement a good name.Note that the incident in this article supposedly occurred four years before our encounter.Link Removed

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back