I wouldn't do this but.... Open display of an empty holster

Eidolon

Alter Kocker
Saw a guy walking around church today with an empty holster, openly displayed.

I have no idea if he chose to leave the gun in the car initially or was asked to conceal the gun (he wouldn't have been asked to leave the gun in the car) and chose to just leave it in the car or was just some random poser walking around with an empty holster.

Either way I see no sense in walking around with an empty holster. Either put the whole rig in the car or keep the gun and untuck your shirt.

Saw a guy walking around church today with an empty holster, openly displayed.

I have no idea if he chose to leave the gun in the car initially or was asked to conceal the gun (he wouldn't have been asked to leave the gun in the car) and chose to just leave it in the car or was just some random poser walking around with an empty holster.

Either way I see no sense in walking around with an empty holster. Either put the whole rig in the car or keep the gun and untuck your shirt.
An empty holster can be a form of protest, much like a sign, for a place where guns are forbidden.

Maybe he left it on the toilet tank.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Depending on the type of holster, it might just be easier for him to remove the gun then the entire holster to go into a gun free zone. With that said I think the safer choice is removing the entire holster rather than alot of public gun handling in ones car

Well, if the holster was for a Glock, somewhere a loaded, unsafetied (as Glock owners proudly proclaim) Glock, probably loaded, was laying around with no trigger protection, waiting for someone to accidentally touch the trigger. Any loaded handgun I own is either protected by a holster, or immediately being shot.

As far as the gun in the toilet is concerned, if it was a Glock, and it fell in the toilet, maybe the owner decided it was safer to leave it there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, if the holster was for a Glock, somewhere a loaded, unsafetied (as Glock owners proudly proclaim) Glock, probably loaded, was laying around with no trigger protection, waiting for someone to accidentally touch the trigger. Any loaded handgun I own is either protected by a holster, or immediately being shot.

As far as the gun in the toilet is concerned, if it was a Glock, and it fell in the toilet, maybe the owner decided it was safer to leave it there.

Interesting choice of words, although nonsensical. It seems you have an aversion to Glocks and/or to handguns without external manual safeties.

Having your handgun not under your control is generally an act of stupidity, safety or not, holster or not. A child that has the ability to pull a 5.5 pound trigger certainly has the ability to pull a gun out of its holster and/or switch off a safety. A criminal doesn't care about the features of your gun when you leave it unattended and not under lock.

My best guess is that it is one of those gun owners that puts the gun out of the holster in the glove box when entering the car. For "comfort", you know. He then forgot to put it back on like a true moron.

As far as the gun in the toilet is concerned, if it was a Glock, and it fell in their toilet, maybe the owner decided it was safer to leave it there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who pissed in your cornflakes?

Holster looked like it was for a Security Six

An empty holster can be a form of protest, much like a sign, for a place where guns are forbidden.

Firearms aren't prohibited in my church. I didn't think open carry was either. I know the Pastor preaches with a Model 1873 (authentic Colt BTW) on his hip when we do Cowboy Church and a couple of other guys OC for that as well. I've never seen anyone OC in a regular service

Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
Firearms aren't prohibited in my church. I didn't think open carry was either. I know the Pastor preaches with a Model 1873 (authentic Colt BTW) on his hip when we do Cowboy Church and a couple of other guys OC for that as well. I've never seen anyone OC in a regular service
I am glad firearms are not prohibited in your church. That is a very good thing. I just wanted to offer a valid reason for carrying an empty holster whether it applied to the situation at your church or not.

I am glad firearms are not prohibited in your church. That is a very good thing. I just wanted to offer a valid reason for carrying an empty holster whether it applied to the situation at your church or not.
Its illegal in ohio to carry concealed or open in any place of worship..

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

I've done this a few times as a sign of protest. To let the organization know that I will respect their rules (Army & SAR), but if allowed I would be carrying.

Its illegal in ohio to carry concealed or open in any place of worship..

100% FALSE! In the future, Please know what you are talking about BEFORE posting something.... IF you have permission from those in charge, you can carry ANY WAY YOU WISH in a "house of worship" in Ohio...

100% FALSE! In the future, Please know what you are talking about BEFORE posting something.... IF you have permission from those in charge, you can carry ANY WAY YOU WISH in a "house of worship" in Ohio...
Sure u can....didnt kno that they said in my ccw classes that u cant....and u dont have to b annoying about it.... Its what i was told get over it....sorry not everyones a know it all...

Sure u can....didnt kno that they said in my ccw classes that u cant....and u dont have to b annoying about it.... Its what i was told get over it....sorry not everyones a know it all...

No wonder you only have two followers and been here 9 years....

And yes i just looked it up your correct.....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back