I would not consider teaching anyone who is not reasonably competent in hand to hand

While I'm a big fan of training and promote it every chance I get I also believe that the right to keep and bear arms is not to be infringed. A person has a right to self defense, regardless of the level of training they've attained.

Freedom, it isn't free and it isn't safe, but it is American.

I agree that hand to hand, close quarters gun fighting and gun retention are very useful skills, and could mean the difference between survival or death if needed. However, the idea of being unwilling to help someone learn to use a gun in defending themselves and/or thier families because they cannot demonstrate skill in fighting hand to hand is sad to me.

...Chinese bang-pow! Love it!

Um, I would only use my gun if I had to, meaning if punching someone in the head isn't gonna do the job. Pretty sure most other concealed carry people would do the same. Shoot a guy dead that you could have physically put down and I'm sure that's a conviction. Telling everyone they need to take karate in order to carry a piece is pretty retarded though sir. You can either fight or you can't, I'm not gonna train in kung fu for that small, minuscule chance that I MIGHT have not had to shoot someone because I trained to do flying double back kick karate chops

Sure. I totally stole it from someone else.

It's an oldy but a goodie!

Variation from my old sensei when we were both attending a martial arts "demonstration" and watching the Koreans (Tae Quan Do types) smash paving stones with their foreheads: "You know, Don san, only thing you get from that is sore head!"

The man was sage, I gotta say that for him. LOL!

GG

I guess a 60 year old lady would be out of the question for you to train..

I don't think as you do....I would want to give her every advantage i could.

oh, yeah, gonna BREATHE and hold it, aim and squeeze, etc, while someone is clubbing you on the head, right? :)

This guy is either playing devil's advocate or he's a complete idiot?!

Does he believe that all of the hundreds-of-thousands of legal gun carrying public all have hand-to-hand combatives training? What about the Georgia mother that shot the intruder 5-times, she had no hand-to-hand training, however did she accomplish such a task without this training?

Or all of the other times that and attacker, intruder, thug, rapist, etc. has been shot by their intended victims. How did they manage to thwart their attacker since they had no hand-to-hand training?

Out of the 17,500 students that I've trained over the last 30 years, approximately 17,000 of them had no combatives training of any sort. THAT'S WHY THEY CAME TO ME FOR TRAINING!!

oh, and most guys who have attended gunsite are military, right? :) Since when does the military teach diddly about handguns, hmm? they don't even teach nearly enough about the realistic use of the rifle in combat, and yes, I DO include the marines in that statement! Since cops get into trouble all the time, after 40+ hours of gun training, and since real hand to hand ability takes at least another 100 hours, I think that you will get VERY few students! :) I do agree with you, I could easily take 90% of cop's guns from them, if I was within 6 ft of them and they were unaware of my hostility (ie, typical questioning). However, that sort of ability only comes with being really fit and really well trained.

oooooh, and mere AGE of a thread means that the topic is worthless, and NO new members are viewing this forum, and you know all these things for a fact, right.?

oooooh, and mere AGE of a thread means that the topic is worthless, and NO new members are viewing this forum, and you know all these things for a fact, right.?

Pretty much I also know that return trolls like to dig up old threads and start stirring them up.

Enjoy your stay (however short it may be)

yeah, anybody who asks INTERESTING questions and also KNOWS something about guns, shooting, etc, is DEFINITELY a troll.

oh, and most guys who have attended gunsite are military, right? :) Since when does the military teach diddly about handguns, hmm? they don't even teach nearly enough about the realistic use of the rifle in combat, and yes, I DO include the marines in that statement! Since cops get into trouble all the time, after 40+ hours of gun training, and since real hand to hand ability takes at least another 100 hours, I think that you will get VERY few students! :) I do agree with you, I could easily take 90% of cop's guns from them, if I was within 6 ft of them and they were unaware of my hostility (ie, typical questioning). However, that sort of ability only comes with being really fit and really well trained.

Make sure you have someone recording it when the cop blows you away.

Why wouldn't I teach someone who is not reasonably competent in hand to hand fighting?

Because most street shooting deaths occur within 6ft
Link Removed

So there is a very good chance that you will have physical contact with an attacker.

If you don't know how to to deflect an attackers hand, and or evade and conceal,or disable that attacker, you are going to get in trouble sooner or later.

You are absolutely right. Don't forget the well-documented fact that someone reasonably quick and armed with a knife will be able to get to you and stab you from as far away as 21 feet before you can draw from concealment and fire. I teach a Krav Maga course for non-martial artists that gives deflection, defense, and attack skills Just having a firearm, even in your hands, is no guarantee of survival when the schumer hits the fan.

Why wouldn't I teach someone who is not reasonably competent in hand to hand fighting?

Because most street shooting deaths occur within 6ft
Link Removed

So there is a very good chance that you will have physical contact with an attacker.

If you don't know how to to deflect an attackers hand, and or evade and conceal,or disable that attacker, you are going to get in trouble sooner or later.

You are absolutely right. Don't forget the well-documented fact that someone reasonably quick and armed with a knife will be able to get to you and stab you from as far away as 21 feet before you can draw from concealment and fire. I teach a Krav Maga course for non-martial artists that gives deflection, defense, and attack skills Just having a firearm, even in your hands, is no guarantee of survival when the schumer hits the fan.
So you have a guarantee? Especially after this thread has been dead for how long?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back