i was MWAG fighting with his wife at kroger in GEORGIA sun night

ArnoldsPupil

Posted this on GeorgiaPacking....computers down..doing everything from my phone so bear with me and try to follow. The post is under LEO Encounters. Called Tonight I. Was MWAG Fighting with my wife Had to go to Kroger on hwy 5 for protein and bananas. Dressed casual but nice with khaki shorts black tank top open carrying in my truck. Got out and pulled shirt ove n went inside to shop. I went produce and protein the better half went to bakery. Paid n left. As I got through parking lot to turn on hwy 5 Douglasville PD stopped right at the entrance and waited for me to pull out...I looked right at him waited and pulled into traffic knowing my tag just expired and crap I'm getting a ticket and first stop ever I'm 20 years of being armed. As i pulled out another's DPD cruiser got behind first one and followed us for 1/4 mile then another so I pulled into double eagle pawn. Two more cruisers pullied in. I opened the door because the window wont roll down and said hey with my hands in full view. Step out of the vehicle Yes sir (had his glock unholstered) Yes sir (had his glock unholstered) Turn around face the vehicle Yes sir Put your hands on truck Yes sir Do you have anything on you Yes sir pistol right here(looked at it) (Now there are several approaching guns drawn) I'm going to take your gun It's loaded (as he grabs for it I said please be careful don't shoot me) (Another cruiser and undercover pull in) 7 now....2 or 3 guns out soof course I'm cooperative One officer opens wife's door asks if were fighting Wife says of course not. Officer asks me if I Have a permit Yes sir..handed that and license to him They asked if I was felon (I'm clean cut no tats short hair dressed casual but nice) No sir Officer says you two sit back in the car while I run your license. We complied but now that we showed we were not fighting and they had seen my ID and GWL why did they continue to run my name. As they all congregated and discussed my license and GWL was just issued in Feb I told them it was renewed then and asked why I was being detained Then the officer in charge came right at me doubletime ****ed I asked I guess He says look buddy. Georgia's laws say you can carry a gun but when I get a call from someone about a man with a gun you better wear a longer dam shirt or something to that effect or your going to be detained ..sit there and be quiet this could take a long time.... Another officer comes and gives me my magazine and round in chamber ... Then officer in charge walks over again after he asked another if my license came back ( guess so) Handed me my Glock 21 and ID and said you can go

All in all it appears that the situation turned out in your favor. From a law enforcement perspective, when someone is reported as carrying a weapon there is no way for LEO to KNOW who you are or that you have a permit. Theyhave to follow procedure and engage you to determine what is going on. You did the best thing by being courteous and complying with their commands. Doing anything else is not wise and would only cause you more inconvenience.I have seen some stories on the Internet where lawfully carrying permit holders did not get as nice treatment as you did.

To copy G's style:

"And lo, the angel stood before me, and said, 'I shall openeth the flood gates, and all hell shall now pour forth, in the form of Constitutional carriers, and open carriers, and all variety of police-haters and law dislikers."

And I said to the angel "But I am sore afraid."

And the angel said unto me "Fear not. Make thyself a bowl of popcorn, crack open a cold beverage, and witness thou what shall commence. For truly, it is both edifying and entertaining, and thou shalt be safe from harm as long as thou does not advocate the evil that men in power do wield."

And I saw that it was good, and kept my mouth shut to see what might transpire.

To copy G's style:

"And lo, the angel stood before me, and said, 'I shall openeth the flood gates, and all hell shall now pour forth, in the form of Constitutional carriers, and open carriers, and all variety of police-haters and law dislikers."

And I said to the angel "But I am sore afraid."

And the angel said unto me "Fear not. Make thyself a bowl of popcorn, crack open a cold beverage, and witness thou what shall commence. For truly, it is both edifying and entertaining, and thou shalt be safe from harm as long as thou does not advocate the evil that men in power do wield."

And I saw that it was good, and kept my mouth shut to see what might transpire.

I think I love you. :)

From a law enforcement perspective, when someone is reported as carrying a weapon there is no way for LEO to KNOW who you are or that you have a permit. Theyhave to follow procedure and engage you to determine what is going on.

Guilty until proven innocent?

I see people driving cars all day long, how an I know if they have a license? Can I pull over every car and run them?

...sigh

Guilty until proven innocent?

I see people driving cars all day long, how an I know if they have a license? Can I pull over every car and run them?

...sigh

Innocence is always presumed until guilt is proven.

Police do not determine guilt - they investigate reports of people behaving in a way which may violate the law. They make arrests based on suspicions or perceptions of a person violating the law.

District attorneys do not determine guilt - they argue the case in front of a jury based on what they believe is the truth.

Only a jury has the legal ability to determine guilt or innocence.

Glad it worked out. Too bad those who OC can't be let alone.

I know I'll take heat on this but... OC is not worth the hassle. Just search the web. People are regularly hassled by police. What happends when you get a cop like the looney in Ohio?

Innocence is always presumed until guilt is proven.

Police do not determine guilt - they investigate reports of people behaving in a way which may violate the law. They make arrests based on suspicions or perceptions of a person violating the law.

District attorneys do not determine guilt - they argue the case in front of a jury based on what they believe is the truth.

Only a jury has the legal ability to determine guilt or innocence.

Demonstrably untrue in practice, in many jurisdictions,e.g. Las Vegas,NV, Canton, NJ, New York, NY, just to name a few places. Police around the country routinely kill innocent citizens frequently. And the "code of silence" police use to protect the bad apples, is the same as the code of "la muerte" that the mafia uses to protect their members from justice.:angry:

Demonstrably untrue in practice, in many jurisdictions,e.g. Las Vegas,NV, Canton, NJ, New York, NY, just to name a few places. Police around the country routinely kill innocent citizens frequently. And the "code of silence" police use to protect the bad apples, is the same as the code of "la muerte" that the mafia uses to protect their members from justice.:angry:
LOL. Hi. :)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back