I was at the range the other day...

CA CCWInstructor

...and borrowed a friends Glock.

It kept having stoppages...wasn't properly ejecting the casings.

It's kind of hard to explain, so i took a picture...

GlackManf.jpg

Any Ideas?

It looks like you weren't holding the grip tight enough. Some of the ejection energy was diverted from the slide to your wrist, causing the hangup. Cleaning under the ejector might help too. But for all I know, you might be trying to put too big a round in the gun, causing a blockage. Doesn't look like that barrel can handle much more pressure. The blue thing might pop off.

I thought Glucks were working pretty good after HiPoint improved their design! I guess I was wrong...

I don't know, it looks pretty clean to me - and I can't imaging it even firing if it wasn't burped first (you know how picky those Blocks are). I would have to say that I think it comes back to the fact that it's entirely made of plastic - I mean, you could carry that thing through a metal detector and no one would say a thing. I think you might want to tell your friend to consider a Springfield XD as a replacement, you know... a real gun. ;)

Did you lubricate it prior or after you burped it. If it was properly lubricated I have to agree that it is the plastic in it's design. :D

I think I figured it out. It must be one of those Chinese-Walmart Glocks. You need to quickly get rid of that one and by one of those US-Tupperware models...

Lol

I needed good laugh. I'll be sure and show my boss this. I always give him greif about his plastic brick, I keep telling him i'm going to desolve his glock in a gallon of MEK (Metil Ethel Ketone).

Try polishing the food ramp yet? I had one which was doing the egg-zact same thing, and I suggest that you remove the recoil spring, find a flat surface, and see if the spring rolls. Omeleting Glock know about about the problem, because it really should shoot gouda than it does. If that doesn't work, I'm probably gonna celery ven though I don't want to. I know it sounds corny, but I'm nuts about the gun. It's not what you'd call a "salt weapon", but when it's working right, you can really pepper stuff with it. There are 2 guys named Cal at the range I go to, and both calzone the same gun, so I'll ask them if they ever sausage a malfunction.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back