I think I'll take my Bible in with me the next time I need to buy a flashlight.

BeauRyker

What is a "night flashlight" anyway? Can't I use a "day flashlight" at night?:no:

Link Removed

Oldgrunt

I have to have one of those "nighttime" flashlights. My "daytime" one doesn't work very well at night when I'm out fishing. I don't use credit cards. Is it now a crime to use cash? Everything is changing so fast I have a hard time keeping up anymore. Can I buy Vienna Sausage without becoming a potential terrorist or a jar of Peanut Butter? If one loses a finger to a table saw, does he instantly become a potential terrorist? And to dare carry a Bible, geez, you must be a terrorist!:wacko:

BeauRyker

Vienna sausage?:fie: Man, I'll starve to death. I just hope buying dogfood doesn't put a person on the watchlist. I'll have every LEO in the county in my driveway.
Nah, I'm probably one of the most vetted people in Texas, due to my work, clearances, NAA lic., FFL, CHL, etc. If they want me, they know where to find me.
Now, the cash part of the story is ridiculous. I always pay cash for just about everything. Just glad I live in Texas, where most people seem to have a little more sense.

dcselby1

Denny
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." Does this mean I have to quit quoting Thomas Jefferson and other founding fathers?

tuts40

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." Does this mean I have to quit quoting Thomas Jefferson and other founding fathers?

Hello, Mr. Anderson... (with a "matrix" kind of agent accent) We are watching you.

XD40FAN

The way I see it if your law abiding don't sweat the rest! It makes sense in large amounts of cash on unusual items ie surplus stores.

RPB

I find it amusing that the things listed are also on Hurricane Preparedness lists in the coastal States.

Grognard Gunny

Apparently the Dept of HomSec has fallen into the "We GOTTA look busy to justify our continued existance!" mode of Government Empire Building.

I KNEW it was a "bad idea" from the moment of inception. Thanks Bush, you've given future Presidents a tool by which the "commoners" can be better controlled, although with the best of intentions. Unintended consequences are the worst result of most Government regulation. Too bad no one tries to consider them before they pass sweeping legislative efforts.

"Well..... it seemed a good idea at the time!"

History is fraught with examples of that line of thinking..... not to mention the often disasterous results.

We have created a potential homeland version of the Gestapo..... maybe the KGB. Big Obama and His Homeland "Momma" are watching YOU! LOL! :sarcastic:

GG

BC1

I have to have one of those "nighttime" flashlights. My "daytime" one doesn't work very well at night when I'm out fishing. I don't use credit cards. Is it now a crime to use cash? Everything is changing so fast I have a hard time keeping up anymore. Can I buy Vienna Sausage without becoming a potential terrorist or a jar of Peanut Butter? If one loses a finger to a table saw, does he instantly become a potential terrorist? And to dare carry a Bible, geez, you must be a terrorist!:wacko:
I buy everything with cash now. I don't even use a debit card anymore. Not since someone bought a stove in Barcelona Spain on my debit card. The bank fraud department called me to see if I was in Spain. I thought it was a joke but it turned out to be for real.

So we're gonna end up on the terrorist watch list for buying groceries and goin to church. To be expected from the extreme left liberal fringe. Later guys, I have to go look for my Koran.

BeauRyker

I buy everything with cash now. I don't even use a debit card anymore. Not since someone bought a stove in Barcelona Spain on my debit card. The bank fraud department called me to see if I was in Spain. I thought it was a joke but it turned out to be for real.

So we're gonna end up on the terrorist watch list for buying groceries and goin to church. To be expected from the extreme left liberal fringe. Later guys, I have to go look for my Koran.

Don't worry too much guys. Won't be long till we have a real common sense patriot in the WH. The DHS will be scrubbed from top to bottom.

Iam2Taz

Well if you have your Bible, you'll be like... Salt and Light!

You used two quarters, a dime, three pennies. That'll be 10 years.

RPB

The "bright colored stains" on clothing item on the list baffled me a while
I'm guessing paintball leads to terrorism ... since "paintball gun" has that "gun" word in it, if they just ban those, the worlds would be safe for everyone just needing MRE food and flashlights for hurricanes who pay by cashiers checks maybe :biggrin:

Seriously though, a kid the other day at another table at dinner was asking someone if any army surplus stores were close. I told him of one, he said he and his Boy Scout friends were going camping and one store in West Texas asked him questions like those on the list when they bought mess kits, MREs, lanterns and camping supplies and paid in cash. The 15 year old kid doesn't have a credit card yet ... he's 15 ...

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
Just be a cash only customer, end every sentence with "according to the Prophet" mention your "compound" and ask for the newest night vision equipment...you are just about guaranteed some company and maybe a few broken windows and burn marks on the carpet from the flash bangs......ROFLMAO

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
medialodge