I received my lifetime LTC today!

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
I got my first 4 year permit in August of 04 (24 day turnaround). When I went on March 20 of this year to renew, this time I had a 46 day turnaround. Still not bad, considering that I've been hearing stories of people waiting several months to receive their lifetime permits. I honestly did not expect to receive my permit until sometime in June, so all in all, I can say that I am pleased.

Lifetime? You mean as in never having to renew again? Wish they had that here in Texas. Of course I have always considered the 2nd amendment as my life time permit. To bad our buracrats can't understand that.

I wonder if the time is faster since you had a prior permit. I actually went to file my application the the lifetime permit today and I was told it will take around 12-14 weeks...that's a very long time. I hope it will arrive sooner than that.

I wonder if the time is faster since you had a prior permit. I actually went to file my application the the lifetime permit today and I was told it will take around 12-14 weeks...that's a very long time. I hope it will arrive sooner than that.

Actually, I was told to expect it to take up to 4 months. Imagine my relief when it arrived on Election Day!

I was told it would take 6-12 weeks because the state is backed up. However, I'm hoping I have it before I leave on vacation in a month. I've got my fingers crossed anyhow.

I received my lifetimeLTC

When I was a location sergeant for a large grocery complex in Indianapolis, I was limited to using the location gun while I was on duty. I had purchased a .38 spl revolver that was in a suitcase under my bed, waiting for Indiana to decide I was decent enough to carry a weapon, since I was a security officer. One night, while I was at work and my wife at the time supposedly went to the store, someone stole the gun and twop boxes of ammo. They went right to the suitcase and that was all that was taken. An IPD detective called and told me he wasn't buying the stolen gun report. I told him it wasn't for sale, I had given it to them free of charge. He said he thought I knew who had it. I asked if he had Silly Putty for brains and said if I knew who had it, I would be getting it back and they'd be in the hospital As far as I know it was never recovered. I have seen several people talk about how gun friendly Indiana is, and I say, since when? It was almost impossible to get a license to carry when I lived there, but they had no problem with my 1911 Govt Model in 1988 when I came through with it on my hip and my badge on my belt. Congrats, tatted, there was no such thing as a lifetime anything with guns when I was at home (Indy born and raised). Maybe someday, the Washington legislature will follow suit. I said nothing lifetime with anthing concerning guns, I was wrong, it was a bad time.

When I applied for my lifetime LTC the LEO told be it'd be about 30 days because I applied for it online. He said that online had a faster turnaround. It should be here any day now...

on line LTC

What is the link to on line LTC? I would to apply on line if you can give the link please do. Thank you Tell

There's no way to provide trustworthy photoes or finger prints over the Net. I suspect it was only for renewals, not new applications.

There's no way to provide trustworthy photoes or finger prints over the Net. I suspect it was only for renewals, not new applications.

No, you fill out all of the paperwork online. You still have to go to the local PD to do the fingerprinting and pay the fees.

Way to go friend! :pleasantry:
I've had mine since 2007 and it is worth every cent above the regular cost of renewal.
I heard a rumor that there is a bill in the House to allow for the CCW to appear on our drivers' licenses.
I think I'd like that idea. My friends in Ky. have a picture on their CCW permit.
If the government approved the idea, would you mind telling me what you think of the plan?
Thanks!!
theodas

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back