I received my Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe

DrDavidM

I received it Friday. It took about three weeks from the date of order. I think this is a great turn around time for a custom holster. Shipping and all I believe it was $74. A great price for a custom holster.

At first I wasn't sure about it. The leather backing is very stiff. Which I realize is a good thing, but at first it just didn't seem to feel very comfortable. As it is getting broken in I think it is going to work well. It holds the pistol very securely. Out of habit I will try to shift the pistol to the appropriate place. It does not shift. It does not move. The pistol fits well. Not too tight or too lose. Also, he sent a note explaining how to adjust the tightness with a hairdryer and a damp washcloth. Of course, it also reholsters very easily with one hand.

I have been at work Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon so I haven't had much of a chance to try it out, but I think I will be very pleased. The corner of the leather backing does kind of press into leg as I sit, but again I haven't really gotten it broken in.

Overall, I think it's great for the price. I will provide updates as I get it fully broken in.

Did you get that for the Sig? Let me know how it works out for you. The comfort problem is one reason that I have not used an IWB much.

Yes it's for the Sig. I have always used IWB holsters, but I'm not used to the big leather patch on the back. This is of course what causes its stability. I think it will be great when I get it broken in. It sure is nice not to have it shifting around each time I move.

crossbreed

Hey Dr D-

Please keep us posted on how it breaks in after wearing for a week or so. Would love to hear. Have considered getting one myself.

Surfcc

I have the same holster for my Taurus PT 140 and have found it to be a fantastic holster. It needs a week or two of constant wear before the leather is broken in but once it forms to you it's great! Highly recommend it.

A brief update. I am getting my holster broken in and I am loving it more everyday. I am a bit concerned about the belt clips breaking. No reason other than I had one break on another holster once, but you can get an extra set for about $15.

It is wearing somewhat in a few places on the bluing of my pretty Sig. This makes me sad, but such is the life of a holstered handgun.

I am a bit concerned about the belt clips breaking. No reason other than I had one break on another holster once, but you can get an extra set for about $15.

I wouldn't worry too much about the clips. I have put both my Supertuck and the tuckable mag carrier through hell and neither one has given me a bit of problems.

I am especially impressed with the mag carrier. Because there is only 1 clip, the carrier will flop into my pants when they are down (They are only down for legitimate business). I have expected it to break, permanently bend, or pull off of the rivet, but it has held strong and shows no signs of damage.

I highly recommend this rig. I have carried a G26 daily with a G17 hicap on the weak side for 6 months, and this has been the most comfortable, concealable IWB rig I've ever had, seen, or heard of.

-Matt

I've had my Crossbreed for about 1 year now and it has worn in very well. Very comfortable. I pack a full size 1911. And it dose a great job.

Re-affirmation of excellence

I am especially impressed with the mag carrier. Because there is only 1 clip, the carrier will flop into my pants when they are down (They are only down for legitimate business). I have expected it to break, permanently bend, or pull off of the rivet, but it has held strong and shows no signs of damage.

I highly recommend this rig.
-Matt

Alright, so my original post was on 4-29-08. After ~1 year of constant use, a crack started on my mag carrier clip.

I made a glue repair to keep the crack from spreading and contacted Mark at CrossBreed Holsters. I got a reply that same day that he would take care of it and less than a week later, I am all fixed up. No fuss, no muss.

I stand by my previous comments that the CrossBreed products are among the best available. Their commitment to customer service and satisfaction ensured that I was not without the best means of protection available to an individual. You can be sure I will do more business with them in the future.

-Matt

Last edited:
Is the supertuck completely hidden in dress pants, tucked in dress shirt, with no "bousing" needed?

Mike

hide it well

I can hide the gun pretty well with whatever I wear. My normal daily dress is business casual, and it is not an issue to conceal with a polo tucked into khakis. That is what happens 1st thing when I get home from work. I will note that my employer has a stict gun-free policy and I am not going to be be the one to test it out. I do not carry a firearm at work.

With dressier clothing, hiding it becomes a little more difficult. Slight blousing of the shirt will keep printing from being a problem, but with lighter shirts, my black Glock shines through like a beacon. Adjusting the ride depth and cant will go a long way towards making the rig even better hidden, but you are going to have to do some work with the shirt to break up the outline unless you have the "perfect" body shape.

I just ordered one. I have been using a C-Tac and like it, but am looking forward to the addition of leather backing.

Ordered mine for my SP101 & it took all of a week from order to receipt. That's fast. This has got to be the most comfortable holster I've ever worn, & it's not even broken in yet.

I've heard from other buyers that these holsters have a funny smell when new. No kidding. I think the leather is processed with fish oil. ?? Odd. Well, word is that the smell will fade after a short while.

Robert in the hills of Tennessee

I got mine as well. Very impressed with the comfort already and not even broken in.

I do experience the issue with the smell. The smell of leather becomes quite accentuated when mixed with sweat as well. Nobody has mentioned anything yet, but I am waiting for someone to ask what that new cologne is that I am wearing.

I have been using my Crossbreed supertuck every day since I received it. As a whole I have been quiet pleased with it, but a few weeks ago my rear belt clip broke and my front belt clip now has a crack in it. About 20 minutes ago I emailed Crossbreed to make them aware of the problem. I have already received a response and he said he was aware of the problem and was going to send me out a new set tomorrow. Talk about customer service! Thanks to Crossbreed. :happy:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back