I need you guys' help!

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
I just did something very stupid, and before I go and spend money on a gunsmith, I thought I'd post this and see if there is anything I can do. While disassembling my Glock 22 a little while ago, I put the slide back on the frame without the barrel or recoil spring. Don't ask why, but I did, and now I can't get the slide back off. Is there a way I can get it off or should I just take it in to a gunsmith?

You may have to cock and fire it Or fire and hold the trigger.I have done this and it came off with a little work

I just did something very stupid, and before I go and spend money on a gunsmith, I thought I'd post this and see if there is anything I can do. While disassembling my Glock 22 a little while ago, I put the slide back on the frame without the barrel or recoil spring. Don't ask why, but I did, and now I can't get the slide back off. Is there a way I can get it off or should I just take it in to a gunsmith?

Another option would be to drop the back plate on the slide. There are a few different ways of fixing this depending on a few factors. I get numerous calls at some very weird hours from friends who have had various problems with their Glock. One reason I appreciate the Glock is the simple fixes to these types of blunders.

Let me know if you need further assistance in fixing this. I don't see any reason for you to visit a gunsmith. Worse case scenario, you can PM me and I can walk you through this over the phone.

gf

Pull the slide back to cock the firearm then push it forward. With the back of the slide even with the back of the firearm pull the trigger and the slide will come off. You don't have to pull down the slide release it will come straight off the frame.

Pull the slide back to cock the firearm then push it forward. With the back of the slide even with the back of the firearm pull the trigger and the slide will come off. You don't have to pull down the slide release it will come straight off the frame.

Thank you so very much, Red Hat. It worked! No trip to the gunsmith for me tomorrow!

It is worth noting that because I did not have my Glock with me, I had to carry my Hi Point at work yesterday. Downgrading from a Glock to a Hi Point is kinda like being forced to drive your Pinto because your Lincoln Towncar is in the shop. I work as a security guard, and the entire time, I felt all too vulnerable. I'm just glad that this all lasted only one day and without a trip to the gunsmith. USA Carry (and Red Hat too) rocks!

I'm glad I could help you get it fixed. Having to carry your Hi Point may have made you feel bad and self conscious about it but at least if you had to use it, it would go bang! :wink:

I'm glad I could help you get it fixed. Having to carry your Hi Point may have made you feel bad and self conscious about it but at least if you had to use it, it would go bang! :wink:

Not so sure of that, and that's why I felt nervous. I've taken that darn thing to the range and to a couple of gunsmiths, but its biggest problem, the magazine not staying in, is what bothers me about it. Don't have that problem with the Glock (or with any other handgun I've ever owned, for that matter).

Not so sure of that, and that's why I felt nervous. I've taken that darn thing to the range and to a couple of gunsmiths, but its biggest problem, the magazine not staying in, is what bothers me about it. Don't have that problem with the Glock (or with any other handgun I've ever owned, for that matter).

Two words "duct tape". :wink:

gf

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back