I need some sympathy and prayers.

MADnMO

Jesus - Our Greatest HOPE
I have to attend a wedding in Wisconsin and I live in Saint Louis Missouri. Which means I have to travel through Illinois to get to Wisconsin, the 2 most anti-gun states on the planet. So please pray for me that I make it to the wedding and back home safely.

My brother's wedding is coming up in 2 weeks, and his fiance insisted that it be in place that is a gun free zone. Her mom knows I have a CHL, and asked me not to carry during the wedding, because she supposedly will get in trouble for me carrying. I'm not going to incriminate myself by saying anything, but you know the saying, "It's better to be judged by 12, than carried by six."
And that's not even the worst part of it...I have to wair a purple tie!!!

God be with you on your journey. Maybe someday we'll live in a truly free country again.

You could always put the gun in a case in your trunk unloaded through illinois and open carry in Wisconsin. Not sure if you have anything that would look good on your hip at a wedding though.

You could always put the gun in a case in your trunk unloaded through illinois and open carry in Wisconsin. Not sure if you have anything that would look good on your hip at a wedding though.

THAT is a fantastic idea... and a chromed out, pearl-handled 1911 in a sweet pattened leather rig would make ANY wedding better.... :biggrin:

That, or a nice Mossberg 500.... if it's "that" kind of wedding. :sarcastic:

Driving through Illinois

I have to attend a wedding in Wisconsin and I live in Saint Louis Missouri. Which means I have to travel through Illinois to get to Wisconsin, the 2 most anti-gun states on the planet. So please pray for me that I make it to the wedding and back home safely.

Once you make it through East St. Louis and Rockford, IL you should be fine. If you have to stop I would before you get to Rockford and then just wait until you get across the WI border.

Steve

My brother's wedding is coming up in 2 weeks, and his fiance insisted that it be in place that is a gun free zone. Her mom knows I have a CHL, and asked me not to carry during the wedding, because she supposedly will get in trouble for me carrying. I'm not going to incriminate myself by saying anything, but you know the saying, "It's better to be judged by 12, than carried by six."
And that's not even the worst part of it...I have to wair a purple tie!!!

God be with you on your journey. Maybe someday we'll live in a truly free country again.

Since when are women the boss. They are both adults. If his wife-to-be is ordering him around now, before their married, he better run. It's you duty to help you brother by getting him on the next train out of town. :sarcastic:

Make sure you fill up the gas tank right before the Illinois border and don't stop while you're there. When you get to Wisconsin, you'll be okay open carrying any time you're outside your vehicle.

Since when are women the boss. They are both adults. If his wife-to-be is ordering him around now, before their married, he better run. It's you duty to help you brother by getting him on the next train out of town. :sarcastic:

I agree. A relationship where ANY of the two parties constantly bosses the other around isn't a very healthy one. I would recommend that they receive some counseling and seriously consider if marriage is something that they bot really want to do.

gf

I guess the info on Handgunlaw.us is not correct because Wisconsin has had CCW for 3 years I was told. I don't know if they honor any other permits though.

I guess the info on Handgunlaw.us is not correct because Wisconsin has had CCW for 3 years I was told. I don't know if they honor any other permits though.

Wisconsin does not issue permits of any kind. They do, per the attorney general, recognize open carry, however, some jurisdictions are less than friendly towards people carrying.

Wisconsin does not issue permits of any kind. They do, per the attorney general, recognize open carry, however, some jurisdictions are less than friendly towards people carrying.

I went into a Gander Mountain store about 5 miles east of Eau Clair and noticed a sign at the front of the store which read as follows.

Any firearm or bow coming in for repairs must be unloaded or unstrung. However this does not apply to anyone with a concealed carry permit.

So I asked at the store when they passed the concealed carry law and I was told the law passed about 3 years ago.

So I am not sure what is going on there.

Whoever told you that does not know what they're talking about. The only people allowed to carry concealed in Wisconsin are current and retired LEOs under the Law Enforcement Officers' Safety Act of 2004.

Whoever told you that does not know what they're talking about. The only people allowed to carry concealed in Wisconsin are current and retired LEOs under the Law Enforcement Officers' Safety Act of 2004.

I don't doubt you I just have to wonder why Gander Mountain would have that sign at the entrance to their store.

Might just be one of the many company signs, that all of them post? Easier to print the same sign for all instead of a few here and there.

Plus, as mentioned, LEO have that right so it seems to be applicable.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back