I love OC

bcdad

The feeling is unbelieveable. During the winter months it's hard to do, but when I get to where I'm going I take off my my coat and it's all open. I can't wait till warmer weather where it's all oc all the time.

I open carry all the time. My wife and I haven't taken the CCW course yet but we plan to. Even then I won't CC very much. For me it's a bigger hassle than I care to deal with. I've never be hasseled by the deputies in my area YET but it don't bother me or my wife to walk right past them with our guns on our hips.They've never give me any problems but they have commented on the ivory grips on my Vaquero. My wife carries a Ruger 9MM and I carry a .45 Ruger Vaquero and a Uberti .357 Mag. When it's cold out like it is now I just tuck my coat behind my pistol grip because my gun rides low enough. To each his/her own

Gotta admit, it is a great feeling. My wife appreciates the safe feeling she gets from my OC too. She would carry herself but she is physically unable. She's a real fighter though. I've been doing the same thing with taking my coat off to OC. Sometimes I just wear a long sleeved shirt and sweater. Makes OC very easy with no fear of concealing my sidearm.

Don't know what states you guys are living in that allows open carry, but I'm jealous!!!

Most states allow OC. You must be in one of the half dozen or so states which doesn't. If so maybe you should look into changing that. There are several campaigns and petitions being done to allow OC in Texas, Florida and a couple of other states.

Steve
www.laopencarry.org

In Minnesota you get a "Permit to carry a pistol". This includes open, or concealed carry. You don't see many OCers though. :biggrin:

In Minnesota you get a "Permit to carry a pistol". This includes open, or concealed carry. You don't see many OCers though. :biggrin:
why would you want to open carry anyway? I don't want to attract any attention. In my neighborhood, N mpls, if I walk out the door with a pistol straped to my waist, I am asking to be jacked sooner, or later. However, u all can do as you please. It ain't for me.

It's a different world up where I live in Lindstrom. Even so, I still haven't OCed...yet.

Is the TOP Diner still open there on 43rd and Lyndale? I used to work there over 20 years ago.

I open carry all the time. My wife and I haven't taken the CCW course yet but we plan to. Even then I won't CC very much. For me it's a bigger hassle than I care to deal with. I've never be hasseled by the deputies in my area YET but it don't bother me or my wife to walk right past them with our guns on our hips.They've never give me any problems but they have commented on the ivory grips on my Vaquero. My wife carries a Ruger 9MM and I carry a .45 Ruger Vaquero and a Uberti .357 Mag. When it's cold out like it is now I just tuck my coat behind my pistol grip because my gun rides low enough. To each his/her own
If you haven't done your CCW course yet, then I will presume that you do not have a CCW permit yet either...unless otherwise you are a military man and your wife is a military woman and you can apply for a permit without going through a CCW course. If this latter is so, then just apply for a permit. If not you have to go through the proper NRA CCW course, as it is a requirement here in Missouri.

I know it is very tempting, when you have a gun to carry out and show everybody and/or think that you can protect yourself if you have a gun. But the law in Missouri states that if you carry, you should have a permit. You cannot open carry in all of Missouri -- only in certain stated counties. There is a listing of the counties you are allowed to open carry and those areas where you can only conceal carry.

Owning a gun, you can carry inside your house and inside your property, but not outside your property if you do not have a permit. If you are caught without a permit, it will be very hard for you to apply for a permit when you go for it. Believe me...many had done it, many had failed too...Try showing the copy of the 2nd Amendment to LEOs once you are caught...maybe it will work. If it doesn't, forget about applying for a permit. I am serious.

If you haven't done your CCW course yet, then I will presume that you do not have a CCW permit yet either...unless otherwise you are a military man and your wife is a military woman and you can apply for a permit without going through a CCW course. If this latter is so, then just apply for a permit. If not you have to go through the proper NRA CCW course, as it is a requirement here in Missouri.

Owning a gun, you can carry inside your house and inside your property, but not outside your property if you do not have a permit. If you are caught without a permit, it will be very hard for you to apply for a permit when you go for it. Believe me...many had done it, many had failed too...Try showing the copy of the 2nd Amendment to LEOs once you are caught...maybe it will work. If it doesn't, forget about applying for a permit. I am serious.

Sound advice!

To the op, you should get a ccw asap, you don't want to get jammed up. Also,some states won't allow you to carry in a vehicle without a license, having a ccw is worth its weight in gold!

Places to open carry/CC in Missouri...

Here is the url of places you can open carry and cc here in Missouri...and where it is not allowed:

Link Removed

Check your area.

Cheers.:pleasantry:

The feeling is unbelieveable. During the winter months it's hard to do, but when I get to where I'm going I take off my my coat and it's all open. I can't wait till warmer weather where it's all oc all the time.

Get a drop leg holster and you can wear the heaviest coat you want without looking awkward.

@ Tucker's Mom..........Just a quick question. Who told you that ??? [" But the law in Missouri states that if you carry, you should have a permit."] or where did you find that in the law and what YEAR ????
Just curious since Missouri no longer requires a permit for Open Carry. They USE TO, BUT not any more.

["I know it is very tempting, when you have a gun to carry out and show everybody and/or think that you can protect yourself if you have a gun.''].............Don't know if this is straight out sarcasm or you're just tryin to be funny BUT, I have been carrying a gun for several years now and have NEVER ONCE thought of it as you say "showing off". I don't really give a rat's ass what some folks think about whether they like it or don't. It's just the way our family is and we ain't about to apologize to you or anybody else for any of it. I ain't out to impress nobody. Most folks here, in rural Missouri, couldn't give two shits less about the fact that we do open carry 24/7/365 except either when we go to the school or down to post.

"You cannot open carry in all of Missouri --" This I know. We usually don't even go to any of those towns since they ain't nothing to offer anyway. And I carry a file with not only the list of Open Carry/No OC towns, I carry a copy of the Missouri Statutes with the Firearms Law, all the City Ordinances for any of the towns that we either do or might go through in all of our rigs, as we are on the road all over Missouri hauling cattle and for other ranch business. We have three ranches in three different counties, 3 hrs apart each. One big triangle. Cape County, Texas County, Callaway County.
I know alot of law enforcement in my area from local town police, Sheriff's Deputies as well as some of the State Police and none of them have EVER asked to see so much as my driver's licence just because I carry a gun. Because they damn full well that unlicensed open carry is the Missouri State Law and my right as a resident of Missouri carry as such. We have discussed that and a miliion other issues siitin on my tailgate or on my front deck havein a cookl drink. My wife and I as well as my daughter and other family members do intend on taking the CCW course in order to carry concealed sometime or other but will do so when we have the time to take such a course that actually fits into our schedules. Doubt that I will use it much if any but never the less I will "ASK for PERMISSON to carry a gun" from the state of Missouri. Oh btw, that was sarcasm !!!!!!!!!!
Also, I am not military, BUT we are an Army family with several member of our immediate family currently on active duty and some of them are deployed to the sands. Let me say that I have the utmost respect for all of our Military and want to Thank your son or daughter for their service and your sacrafice. We know what it like to be parents of a soldier.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back