I love Florida!

KimberPB

It's December 12, I got up early, hit the beach, and got a couple hours of surfing in before work! Gotta love Florida!

Must be nice!! Let's see........it's Friday, got up around midnight because the power went out due to the Ice Storm we got. Went back to bed and got up at 5 a.m. to power up the generator which kicked on the boiler and pellet stove. Went back to bed. Got up around 7:30 and tried to get out of the yard which was a joke because of all the tree's that had fallen. Tried to get to a gas station for fuel (for the generator) but pretty much all the roads were closed so you ended up turning around till you found an opening. Drove 18 miles till I found a gas station that was open with power. Got my fuel, went back home, took care of the generator and then went to work!
Boy, You really know how to make someones day!!!:bad:

Each of you had mornings that represent opposite ends of the spectrum! I was middle of the road here in MD, high 30's and windy. Can't wait for spring!

Must be nice!! Let's see........it's Friday, got up around midnight because the power went out due to the Ice Storm we got. Went back to bed and got up at 5 a.m. to power up the generator which kicked on the boiler and pellet stove. Went back to bed. Got up around 7:30 and tried to get out of the yard which was a joke because of all the tree's that had fallen. Tried to get to a gas station for fuel (for the generator) but pretty much all the roads were closed so you ended up turning around till you found an opening. Drove 18 miles till I found a gas station that was open with power. Got my fuel, went back home, took care of the generator and then went to work!
Boy, You really know how to make someones day!!!:bad:

Man, that sucks sambo42xa!

Well I am here in Snowhio BUT! I will be in FL. next week for two weeks and KimberPB and I should get some good range time in. can not wait to get out of Snowhio for a bit.

It's December 12, I got up early, hit the beach, and got a couple hours of surfing in before work! Gotta love Florida!

Nice weather year round, no state income tax, and great gun laws. If it weren't for the hurricanes, this place would be perfect. Some people just have all the darn luck!

Ok, now for the update.......well I've been putting in fuel for the generator about every 8 hours. Some of the surrounding towns are still without power. Still have to drive away to get fuel. Let me tell you, people are ^&**ing nuts ! The lines to get fuel are crazy because now you have people pulling in one way and pulling in another way all trying to get their turn at the pumps while someone else is now blocked in and they are all screaming at each other....etc!! Back at home we've had tree's come down but this time it's tree's and power lines which are either laid out across the roads and or snapped in half. We've had p[ower out before for like 4 hours tops, but this time They say it may be another week to two! Schools are closed so they can have shelter for the ones who have no power/heat etc. My Wife is driving around today with Her laptop to find a "hot spot" so She can do Her work out of the car. One Rugrat is at his buddies house while I got the other Rugrat with me here at work. My Dad is at the house while the generator is on. I have to leave work early to fill the tank up so we have power. Oh boy, this is really fun. I feel bad for the people who do not have anything at all.
The generator is locked up. I've been told already there has been three thefts on generators in town. I tell ya, all you have is the moon for light. Weird seeing a town with no lights on at night. Well, we are all just hanging in there like some of the rest of us here in Southern NH. Have not seen any work trucks yet, just Supervisors checking the areas that are out. Man, they still have to clear the tree's first before they even get to the lines. As long as we are all safe is my concern.
Hmmm, Florida sounds about nice right now...............

Oh, of course we don't have any cable, so I cannot get on the computer unless I'm at work which is what I'm doing right now while on lunch.

Oh, of course we don't have any cable, so I cannot get on the computer unless I'm at work which is what I'm doing right now while on lunch.

Man sorry to hear about the bad weather! Hope it all gets cleared up and power restored soon. This week is suppose to be a warm one so if you need to thaw out come on down. I know a few nice ranges you can hit while you're here also.

Ok, now for the update.......well I've been putting in fuel for the generator about every 8 hours. Some of the surrounding towns are still without power. Still have to drive away to get fuel. Let me tell you, people are ^&**ing nuts ! The lines to get fuel are crazy because now you have people pulling in one way and pulling in another way all trying to get their turn at the pumps while someone else is now blocked in and they are all screaming at each other....etc!! Back at home we've had tree's come down but this time it's tree's and power lines which are either laid out across the roads and or snapped in half. We've had p[ower out before for like 4 hours tops, but this time They say it may be another week to two! Schools are closed so they can have shelter for the ones who have no power/heat etc. My Wife is driving around today with Her laptop to find a "hot spot" so She can do Her work out of the car. One Rugrat is at his buddies house while I got the other Rugrat with me here at work. My Dad is at the house while the generator is on. I have to leave work early to fill the tank up so we have power. Oh boy, this is really fun. I feel bad for the people who do not have anything at all.
The generator is locked up. I've been told already there has been three thefts on generators in town. I tell ya, all you have is the moon for light. Weird seeing a town with no lights on at night. Well, we are all just hanging in there like some of the rest of us here in Southern NH. Have not seen any work trucks yet, just Supervisors checking the areas that are out. Man, they still have to clear the tree's first before they even get to the lines. As long as we are all safe is my concern.

Just make sure you drive safely. I live in Indiana so I know a thing or two about driving on icy roads, so just make sure you play it safe, okay buddy?

LOL OH YEAH. We got hit hard . Just about the whole state has no power and as of today a few thousand are still with out. My town never went out for long ( think we lost it for about 2mins at the most) All the towns around us go hit hard and some just got power back the other day. Keene,NH got hit really hard as well as a few others up around me. Vermont did not get hit at all really and Springfield,VT has back up power transformers that run on gas i have been told and they route the power around the down lines so the town/area never goes down.Times like this that a wood stove/fireplace seem real nice. Heat/being able to cook food. You got the snow to keep food cold so you should be all set.

Last edited:
Got it back on today this morning. NEXT door to me is still out, but other sections do and don't. No problems with the generator running both My house and the Inlaw that my Dad lives in. Boiler for heating the entire fort, two ref., water pump, pellet stove and the tv for the Rugrats too watch movies. Even though we had "juice", my Dad still sat with candles (OLD school) and listened to the radio. We also had the fireplace going. I figured out......I used approx. 45 gls. of gas since last Fri. and spent close to $75.00 on it. Glad the gas $'s were low. I took this week out from work for vacation time instead of next week as I had planned. Havn't been on for awile due too no internet here at home. Anyway, didn't mean to change that nice warm FL state topic to the Ice storm that hit NE, but...............
how is FL right now?? :biggrin:

Left Coast weather

KimberPB,

Yesterday we got snow in Las Vegas! Doesn't happen often, but living in the desert is always unpredictable.

You may surf in Florida in December, but that happens pretty much every year. I'm from So. Cal., where we would snow ski in the morning and be at the beach about an hour later in 85 degree weather. Can you do that in Florida? And have you ever sailboarded or kayaked in Death Valley? We did a few years ago.

Got it back on today this morning. NEXT door to me is still out, but other sections do and don't. No problems with the generator running both My house and the Inlaw that my Dad lives in. Boiler for heating the entire fort, two ref., water pump, pellet stove and the tv for the Rugrats too watch movies. Even though we had "juice", my Dad still sat with candles (OLD school) and listened to the radio. We also had the fireplace going. I figured out......I used approx. 45 gls. of gas since last Fri. and spent close to $75.00 on it. Glad the gas $'s were low. I took this week out from work for vacation time instead of next week as I had planned. Havn't been on for awile due too no internet here at home. Anyway, didn't mean to change that nice warm FL state topic to the Ice storm that hit NE, but...............
how is FL right now?? :biggrin:

Glad to hear you have your power restored and things are all well with your family. It's been great down here this week. Upper 70's and sunny all week. It looks like another cold front is coming though Monday to drop us down into the low 50's. But with that comes waves so I'll probably get another couple hours of surf in then.

KimberPB,

Yesterday we got snow in Las Vegas! Doesn't happen often, but living in the desert is always unpredictable.

You may surf in Florida in December, but that happens pretty much every year. I'm from So. Cal., where we would snow ski in the morning and be at the beach about an hour later in 85 degree weather. Can you do that in Florida? And have you ever sailboarded or kayaked in Death Valley? We did a few years ago.

Have not made it out to Death Valley as of yet but sounds like it could be fun. I'd love to be able to snow ski then hit the waves but till Cal. changes some of there gun laws I'll hang out in Florida.

I have live all my life in Texas so if I were to move it would be somewhere that has 4 distinct seasons. I am just kind of burned out of hot weather all the time. A cabin in the rockies or some where similar would work for me.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back