I know I'm being Captain Obvious here, but we got some stupid laws in SC.

nca_mm

Yesterday, I ordered a Phoenix Arms HP22 for my wife. She wants one. Well, the order went through & as I was talking to my local FFL dealer, he informed me that he couldn't take the transfer b/c it was illegal for him to do so. Said the gun would melt @ less than 800 degrees. Sent me a link to a whole list of guns that cannot be sold in SC. The kicker is, they're not illegal to own (citizens). They're just illegal to be sold. Freakin' legislators in my beloved state! IDIOTS!

Yesterday, I ordered a Phoenix Arms HP22 for my wife. She wants one. Well, the order went through & as I was talking to my local FFL dealer, he informed me that he couldn't take the transfer b/c it was illegal for him to do so. Said the gun would melt @ less than 800 degrees. Sent me a link to a whole list of guns that cannot be sold in SC. The kicker is, they're not illegal to own (citizens). They're just illegal to be sold. Freakin' legislators in my beloved state! IDIOTS!

I thought that I heard that they changed that law last year. SC used to have a law about the melting point of a pistol, the "Saturday Nite Special" law. However, you may want to call SLED and check and see if it was changed and your FFL did not know about it.

Yikes, they banned a gun from being purchased in your state due to its melting temperature??? That's a new one on me!!

They have to be actually banning zinc from being used in guns....zinc melts at somelike 790 +/- 5 degrees.... so I must assume that they are trying to avoid 'cheap' guns (?).

Could be a good thing...but then again...

Does that include polymer framed weapons, like Glocks, Kahrs, S&Ws, Rugers, Sigs, and on and on and on....???!!! I doubt that any of these would survive that kind of heat.

That law was repealed and signed by Nikki Haley.

SECTIONS 23-31-110 to 23-31-200. Repealed by 2012 Act No. 285, Section 2, eff June 29, 2012.

SLED even removed it from their website.

ATF may not have issued a revision to the book or CD your gunshop was using.
They were illegal to be sold by an FFL dealer, not by private sale.

Just curios why doesn't someone make a 30 round 22lr pistol.
Heck the Kel-tec PMR-30 is a 30 round 22 magnum?
Even full sized 22 pistols are 10 rounds or less.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back